Team 5 West
December 2 - 6, 2019
**Please send headphones with your child! We will be using the Chromebooks more often and headphones help cut the noise and allow for a better learning environment!**
STEM Expo: Wednesday, December 4 @ MHS Commons
GRIT Assembly: We are Connected is our mindset focus. Come celebrate our students of the month who have shown this mindset on a daily basis! Friday, December 20 at 8 AM in the Cafeteria.
Yearbook: Now on sale!! We sold out last year, so order early. Prices increase after December. Use the link and code below.
Christmas Break: December 23 - January 6. First day back is Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
Kona Ice: Wednesday, December 18. $2 - $5
PTSO Snack Day: Every Friday. $1
Freddy's Night: Dinner at Freddy's that supports our school!
Fill the Bus
This the 3rd annual TOY DRIVE EVENT benefiting the Mustang Fire Department Toys for Tots!
The toy drive will run now through December 12. Students can bring NEW, UNWRAPPED toys in their original packaging.
A bus will come by on December 12 to load up all of our toys.
Here are some ideas for pre-teen/teens group of kids:
-bath gift sets
These are just some ideas because this age group can be hard to purchase for.
You can bring toys for ANY AGE!
Skill Focus for the Week
Monday - B
Tuesday - A
Wednesday - B
Thursday - A
Friday - B
- Using fraction pieces to add fractions with unlike denominators
- Finding a fraction of a whole number
**Students need to be practicing and mastering their multiplication facts! This is a crucial foundation for the skills they will be learning!**
**Contact Ms. Owen or Mrs. Hale for login information and details about Prodigy!**
- Finding percents
- Finding percent of a number
- Equivalent fractions, decimals, and percents
- Vocab. Quiz on Friday, December 6: Text Features (image below)
- Text-Based Narrative Writing
- Text Structures: Problem & Solution, Cause & Effect, Sequence/Chronological, Description, Compare & Contrast
- Gregor the Overlander novel study
- Spheres of the Earth and Weather
- New England Colonies
Tips to Stay Engaged and Active in your Child's Educational Journey:
- Monitor their use of Social Media and Text Messages!
- Read WITH your child! See picture below about how to help them become a better reader.
- Ask them to tell you what kind of questions they asked in class that day.
- Ask them to give you 3 highs and 3 lows about their day - every day!
- Ask them who their friends are and what was one topic of conversation they had with those friends that day.
- Ask them to teach you one thing they learned from each class.
- Communicate frequently and openly with the teachers - we WANT to hear from you about the good and the bad! We are all on the same team!
- Remind them that you are PROUD of them and love seeing them grow each day.
Meet Your Teachers
Enrichment Social Studies