Battle of Camden
By Mason manley
This is Americans working hard but still loosing. And British pushing them back
About the battle
Why it started
The outcome of the battle for the Americans was not good. As a result of the swift defeat by the British over the Americans, morale was very low for the Americans. The British were now in control of the Carolinas and Georgia. Horatio Gates was found to be an incompetent commander which resulted in him no longer holding a position with the US Army.
Did the American Troops learn anything from the Battle of Camden? The Americans learned they needed to train harder. They also learned not to take their enemy for granted.
1. Lord - one having command or power over others.
2. incompetent - someone who is not legally qualified.
3. retreat - movement by soldiers away from the enemy.
4. enemy - someone who attacks or tries to harm another,
5. battle - an encounter between armies.