Spring Update for Seniors
New Prague High School - Class of 2022
Academic Breakfast Honoring Seniors - May 3, 2022
- The Academic Breakfast honoring seniors with a cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher will be held Tuesday, May 3rd from 7:00-7:30 AM in the High School Cafeteria/Commons area.
- Awards will be presented beginning promptly at 7:10 am.
- A continental-style breakfast will be provided.
- Invitations were sent via US Mail on Monday, April 18, 2022.
- RSVP by Thursday, April 28.
NPHS Honors Night - Wednesday, May 4, 2022
- Seniors who have been awarded scholarships or awards will be recognized on Wednesday, May 4, 2022, at 6:30 PM in the High School Auditorium.
- Invitations have been mailed to seniors who will be recognized at the ceremony.
- All those receiving an award are strongly encouraged to attend.
Senior Send-Off - May 25
2022 - Senior Send-Off Registration
Senior Send-Off, a tradition at New Prague High School, is a celebration that provides a safe, alcohol/chemical-free, and FUN opportunity for the Class of 2022 to gather together. Seniors will be provided games, entertainment, food, and prizes. See below to get your son/daughter registered today.
- Date: Wednesday, May 25
- Location: Next Chapter Winery and Event Center, 16945 320th St, New Prague, MN 56071
- Time: 10am - 2pm
- Cost: $100 per student (Venmo @NewPrague-Seniors, check payable to “Senior Send-Off,” or cash)
Register by: FRIDAY, APRIL 29 if your son/daughter would like a t-shirt. Any registrations after April 29 won’t include a t-shirt, but will still be the same price.
Senior Send-off Committee is still looking for volunteers to help make the day a success. Please take a look at all the volunteer opportunities and sign up to help out! Thank you in advance - it's going to be a fun day!
Commencement Ceremony Rain Dates
- In case of inclement weather on May 27th - the ceremony will be moved to Saturday, May 28th at 7:00 pm
- In the event, the first rain date is not a viable option, the second date is Sunday, May 29th at 2:00 pm
- Notification of changes in plans due to weather will be shared with graduates and parents via text.
Commencement Ceremony Ticketing Process
- Tickets will allow seating inside the stadium (home bleachers, visitor bleachers, plaza, etc.).
- Seating in the bleachers will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Handicap seating will be available for a limited number of spaces. Sign up below to request if needed.
- Each student is guaranteed 4 tickets.
- If your graduate requires more than 4 tickets or handicapped seating, please click the button below and follow the instructions.
- Tickets will be handed out to students only during the day on Wednesday, May, 18.
- All requests must be submitted via this form no later than Friday, May 13.
- Please ensure only one family member per graduate completes the form.
If your student requires more than 4 tickets we can guarantee up to 8. Requests of more than 8 will be placed on a waitlist. If you have a family member that requires accommodated seating, please complete this form.
- Spectators may park in the high school parking lot.
- If you have a family member who is unable to make the walk, there is a drop-off/pick up area designated directly in front of Trojan Stadium.
- Please do not park in the Falcon Ridge parking lot as that is reserved for graduate parking.
Graduation Practice - Friday - May 27, 2022
Graduation Practice for Seniors will be held at Trojan Stadium from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Rain or shine.
FAQs About the Ceremony From Graduates
Q. Does your gown fit properly?
A. Make sure to try on your gown before graduation day! Your gown should fit mid-calf for length and will probably be a little roomy. They are sized according to your height and weight. If sizing seems wrong, please contact the high school office to see if there is a replacement available.
Q. Do I need to dress up for the ceremony?
A. Even though you will be wearing a graduation gown, please wear formal attire to the ceremony. This means no shorts, tennis shoes, jeans, or flip-flops.
Q. Can we decorate our caps?
A. This is a very formal graduation ceremony. For that reason, we do not decorate caps. This helps maintain the formal pomp and circumstance that this community has come to expect.
Q. What is required attire for graduation?
A. Your graduation attire consists of the gown, cap, tassel, silver stole (all seniors minus NHS), red stole (NHS members), Honor Cord (Honor Students), Honor Cord (German NHS), and Medallion (High Honor Students). Don't forget to wear all of your items! Suggestion: You may want to use a safety pin or double-sided tape to hold the stole down to prevent it from blowing around or off if it is windy.
Q. Can I wear heels?
A. Because graduates process along a very long area of both turf and track, we ask that they do not wear heels, particularly to protect the tax-payer investment of the track. Wedges or block heels are acceptable.
Q. Can I wear a tassel or a chord of a different color to represent what I am doing in the future?
A. We are excited about your future plans and recognize those accomplishments during a variety of events at the end of the year. This particular event marks completion from New Prague Area Schools and for that reason, graduates may only wear school-issued graduation regalia. This helps maintain the formal pomp and circumstance that this community has come to expect from the ceremony.
Q. How will I know where to stand, sit and receive my diploma?
All of this will be thoroughly explained at practice so that you feel confident when it is time to graduate. Attendance at practice is mandatory unless there is prior communication with the front office regarding extenuating circumstances.
Q. When do I get my actual diploma?
A. During the ceremony all graduates will receive an empty diploma cover. You will receive your official diploma immediately following the ceremony once the staff has verified that all fees and obligations have been met.
Senior Stroll at Elementary Schools -- Tuesday May 24 at 10:00 AM
- Students who attended Falcon Ridge can walk from NPHS to Falcon Ridge.
- Bus for Raven Stream will depart at 9:45 AM
- Bus for St. Wenceslaus will depart at 9:50 AM
- Bus for Eagle View will depart at 9:30 AM
- Bus for Holy Cross will depart at 9:30 AM
- Eagle View - Meet outside the main entrance at 10:00 AM - Principal Dittberner will meet you there.
- Falcon Ridge- Meet outside the main entrance at 10:000 AM. Principal Giesen will meet you there. Park at the high school or CLC and walk over.
- Raven Stream- Meet outside the main entrance at 10:00 AM - Principal Engebretson will meet you there.
- Holy Cross -Principal Grogan will be waiting with the staff to welcome the former Holy Cross Students outside the school in Webster at 9:55 AM.
- St. Wenceslaus- Principal Doyle will meet them at the door to welcome you at 10:00 AM
New Prague Times Senior Souvenir Section
Chromebook Drop Off For Seniors
Calendar of Events for Seniors
- Tuesday, May 3.....Senior Academic Breakfast -- 7:00-7:30 am in the HS Commons area
- Wednesday, May 4.....New Prague High School Honors Night - 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 24... Last day of school for seniors
- Tuesday, May 24 ...Senior Stroll
- Wednesday, May 25... Senior Send-off - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at Next Chapter Event Center, New Prague (16945 320th St.) This is not a school-sponsored event.
- Friday, May 27.....Graduation Practice - 10:00AM -12:00PM - Trojan Stadium
- Friday, May 27.....NPHS Class of 2022 Graduation Ceremony -- 7:00 pm at NPHS Trojan Stadium
- Saturday, May 28.....Graduation Rain date - 7:00 PM
- Sunday, May 29 ......Graduation Rain date - 2:00 PM
Final transcripts are not sent until after graduation. They will be sent in June once transcripts are finalized.
To request your final transcript please choose the following link: