Week of January 24, 2022
January Character Theme: Digital/Online Safety
Digital/Online Safety provides us with information to keep kids safe online.
Digital Citizens are RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE and SAFE when using technology.
TRUE or FALSE: Digital citizens take care of their equipment?
TRUE or FALSE: Digital citizens stay on school-related websites and apps?
TRUE or FALSE: Digital citizens do not share personal information?
👕👕Wear your school shirts on Mondays👕👕
(unless otherwise noted for a specific event, i.e. field trips)
Our math classrooms are putting a focus on building fact fluency and you may have already seen practice pages and/or activities coming home for your student to practice. Please help us to encourage our scholars to build their fact fluency, the ability to recall basic math facts quickly, accurately, and effortlessly, to grow them as mathematicians.
⚽The "Future Varsity Hornet" night for soccer will be Feb 8. Girl's game is 5pm and boy's game is 7pm. Any K-6th grade student wearing a city soccer jersey (current or last year) or a pre athletic student in their "future hornet" shirt will get in free. One adult will get in free with the student as well.
January 24 - Hornet Gold 4H Meeting
January 26 - 100th Day of School (dress elderly or decorate a shirt)
January 28 - Progress report comes home
February 8 - Spring Pictures
February 8 - Soccer 'Future Varsity Hornet' night @ 5pm(girls)/7pm(boys)
February 9 - PTO Candygrams Due
February 11 - 4th and 5th grade ❤️Valentine Exchange❤️
February 14 & 15 - Staff Development, No school for students
February 16 - 6th Grade UIL Competition
February 18 - Hat Day Fundraiser $1 - proceeds will go to our local animal shelter
February 21 - 6th Grade parent meeting for Health and Wellness @ 5:15 Int. Cafeteria
📚Ever wonder what to talk about after your child has R E A D a book/story at home?📚
- Morning drop off is 7:15 - 7:50AM on the back porch. Please do not drop your children off on the 4th grade side of the building. Tardy bell rings @ 7:55AM.
- Back porch door closes at 7:50 AM daily. Students arriving after 7:50AM need to be dropped off at the front porch.
- Dismissal is @ 3:35PM.
- Breakfast and lunch are F R E E for all GISD students this year. Take advantage of these meals if interested!
- Water bottles are allowed at school. Bottles must be clear and have a screw on top lid.
- Cell phones and/or devices need to be kept out of sight and turned off except during the following times: morning time in the gym, band hall/music room & cafeteria before school, and after school. Devices will not be allowed during lunch period.
- In the event of inclement weather, afternoon church pick up will be closed and students will need to be picked up on the back porch. Morning drop offs will remain in the back, and we will have multiple back doors open in the event of rain.
If you need to stop by the office in the mornings before school (7:15-7:50AM), please park in either side parking lot (behind Farm Bureau on the 5th grade side or the 4th grade side by the church) and walk to the front entrance.