How to be President
Benefits of being the Prez
-As President, you join the "President's Club", which is the most elite club in the U.S.
-You get unlimited staff to help you
-You get your own private plane with Air-Force One
-The President gets huge health benefits
Powers of the President
- Gets to call executive orders - these are rules and regulations the president gets to call and are the building blocks of law enforcement
- Responsible for controlling the nations budget - makes sure that funds are going to the right places and that people are getting paid
- Power to control the US Military and Army - can call in troops to defend the nation when necessary
- Has the power to create treaties with other nations - enables a deal between the US and foreign nations
- Can veto a bill - meaning the president can cancel the bill from becoming law if unapproved
- Can appoint ambassadors - can choose who will take each place in congress
- Has power to appoint new supreme justices to the supreme court - these justices are carefully picked by only the president as they serve for life
- Can issue a pardon for a crime done by an official - known as clemency, the president can pardon a staff member of a crime as long as the person can confirm that a crime did happen
Skills of a President
2. Is experienced enough to do the job. We all want a President who knows what they're doing. Having an experienced leader will be able to solve problems and prevent many from arising.
3. Can motivate the public. The president is able to inspire the people with great speeches and encourage them to make a difference.
4. Is unique. Having a new President with a fresh personality is usually favorable. As long as he/she is well liked, they will be able to interact with the public better.
5. Can create good solutions to issues. What everyone needs is a president who knows the right solution to a problem. If their solution works well enough, they will be less problems to deal with instead of fixing a mistake that made an issue worse.
Roles of the President
- The job where the President helps appoint people into congress. The President can hold campaigns to win support.
- President chooses new members for the cabinet
Commander in Chief
- Controls the US armed forces.
- Can dispatch troops to defend a foreign country or our own
- Has the power to enforce laws onto the US
- Can either pass a bill or veto it
Chief of State
- President's job is to represent his country by being at public events
- The President can go to fairs, campaigns, and sports games
- Main job is to interact with the leaders of other nations
- Can make agreements, treaties, and even alliances with foreign countries
- Has the power to voice his/her own opinion about policies and laws
- Can meet with congress to discuss policies
Being the President
How to fix it?
As President, I would use my power to pass new laws to control the illegal use of guns. Of course, I would need advice from my cabinet and the rest of congress to create a law that will secure the nation from unwanted gun violence. As Chief of State, I would travel to the states and inform the public more about this growing issue in person. Then I would listen to their opinion on gun violence to help create a law.