December 11, 2020
Note from Mr. Camp
I hope you all are staying warm on this wintry day! The end of the 1st semester is next Friday, so teachers will be working with you on any missing work or additional needs they have as they work on report cards. More detail about report cards and the changes with those are down below.
Thanks for all those that have donated to our Giving Tree. These gifts will go a long way in helping those in our community. A special "Thank You" goes to Tracee Carcasson and Julie Flemister for their work in organizing this special opportunity.
For next week, you can expect more clarity of what our plans are for after winter break. While things can continue to change, we will keep you updated on our specific plans as the district makes decisions. If you have any questions, please let me know.
I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy your time with family!
News from Werner
Coming Up this Week
December 11-Spirit Day: Hanukkah
December 11-Werner Spelling Bee (4th/5th-online)
December 18-Spirit Day: Ugly Sweater Day
December 21-January 4- Winter Break
Report Card Update
With the shift this year between in-person and remote learning, our teachers may not have have enough evidence of learning, particularly if students did not respond well to remote learning. Please work with your child's teacher with your questions regarding feedback on how your child is doing.
Report Cards will be available on ParentVue beginning by 4:30 PM on Monday, January 11.
Kindergarten 2021-22 Information
Middle School 2021-22 Transition Information
For those interested in Kinard, you can find more information on their website.
For more information about other middle schools in the district, go to the PSD website.
Technology Support Tips
You can also use the Tech Portal for tech support when you need it: https://techportal.psdschools.org/. If you have any other questions about technology, please contact our Media Specialist, Debbie Powers, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meals at Werner
Meals will be served at Werner during Phase 1. Below are more details about how this has changed since we last did remote meal service. You will need to have your student's ID number in order to receive a meal. Please refer to the website for more information: https://www.psdschools.org/psd2020-21/meals2020-21.
Meal service plan
All PSD schools and grade levels will be in Phase 1: Remote Learning Monday, Nov. 23, through winter break.
- No cost for meals: Meals are currently free through the 2020-21 school year, as part of a U.S. Department of Agriculture school district reimbursement program. Parents are encouraged to still apply for free and reduced-priced meals, which helps with school funding (apply on the Free and Reduced-Priced Meals website).
- Designated school and mobile sites: Sack meals are available to students (any child 18 or younger) 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday (on scheduled school days). People must wear face coverings and maintain social distancing at meal sites. See the latest list of meal sites below.
- When PSD is in Phase1 Remote Learning: meals will be available for students to pick up at designated school and mobile sites.
- Special diet needs: For special diet needs, contact Becky Wiggins in the Child Nutrition Department at email@example.com or 970-490-3348 to ensure meal modifications are available based on health plans. Please give two days notice. See allergy and ingredients in meals on the menu website.
Meal Sites Starting Monday, Nov. 23
- Students may get meals at any location regardless of where they attend school.
- At PSD school and mobile meals sites: Please provide a PSD student name and ID number when picking up meals.
- Food Bank meal sites are open to all children 18 and younger - student ID numbers are not required.
A Note from PTA
Werner Cares and Shares-December
Box Tops for Education
For over 20 years, Box Tops for Education has given families an easy way to earn cash for their school, with products they already buy. Now you can simply scan your store receipt with the Box Tops mobile app to identify participating products and instantly add cash to your school's earnings online.
Last year, Werner made $195 from this simple act. For more information, please go to: https://www.boxtops4education.com/. You can also drop off your box tops at the office. Thanks for your support!
News from PSD
One of many ways information is shared is through the Great Happens Here community newsletter, which features timely information about the latest happenings in the district. GHH is emailed to families and interested community members about every two weeks.
Here is the most recent newsletter from PSD with Great Happens Here. For archived newsletters and informtion about how to sign up, go to: https://www.psdschools.org/department/communications.
PSD 2020-21 School Year
Stay up-to-date with PSD's plans, protocols, etc. for the 2020-21 school year at: https://www.psdschools.org/psd2020-21. This site will house all the information needed for the different phases and updates throughout the year.
Healthy Kids Connection Newsletter-December
Healthy Kids Connection is a monthly source of news, resources, contests and education to help keep northern Colorado families and schools healthy and connected. Check out this month's newsletter!
A Note from AlphaBEST
Hello Werner Families!
AlphaAcademy is in full-swing at Werner Elementary. We are offering remote learning support throughout the school day, outside play, and activities as the school-day wraps up. We currently have 7 spaces available. Daily rates are available at $40/day and registration is free! Our hours at 7 AM to 5:30 PM. I am available to help with any questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and call/text at 970 216 0527. Registration information can be found at:
AlphaBEST Area Manager