This Week at Windsor...
March 11th, 2022
Yearbook orders are due by today! See flyer below for ordering information.
We are excited to announce that Windsor is participating in the Pack the Piggies fundraiser. We will be collecting money for the Arlington Heights Council of PTAs Scholarship Fund. Our goal is to raise $1,000. You can donate coins, cash, or checks! If we meet our goal, the students will be rewarded with an assembly, in which Mrs. Anastacio and Mrs. Soprano will kiss a pig! Donations can be sent in Monday through Thursday next week!
Windsor will be participating in Capanarri's Coolest School Contest once again! Our scoop day is April 19th from 4:00-9:00 pm. Mark your calendars and come out for some ice cream!!!
Be sure to check out the Save the Date section below as we have many more fun events planned for after spring break!
If you haven't already, please see the information below about the 5Essentials. Please complete the parent survey by 3/11/22. Thank you for participating!
Second and third-grade parents, please see the link below if your child is interested in participating in the Noetic Math Contest.
Summer U 2022 June 8-July 1, 2022 at South Middle School *Dates subject to change pending review of winter weather emergency days. Registration will begin on March 7, 2022 at 9am and end on April 29, 2022. Please visit www.sd25.org/summeru for a full list of courses and times. If you have any questions about Summer U, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Illinois 5Essentials Survey | Last day to participate!
It’s that time of year again and we want your input! Please participate in the Illinois 5Essentials Parent Survey, as a part of the Illinois 5Essentials Survey administration. The survey responses will never be connected to the identity of you or your child as school reports will only present aggregated information of how parents responded as a whole.
In order for the survey report to be generated we need at least 20 percent of our parents to take the survey.
Please CLICK HERE to take the parent survey. It is open now through March 11.
If you have any questions about the survey, please contact 5Essentials Customer Support at 1-866-440-1874 or email@example.com.
SHIELD Testing - Unenrollment
If you wish to unenroll your child from the SHIELD testing program, you may do that at any time by filling out this form (linked here).
Feel free to take a look at this document if you are looking for some guidance for talking to your children. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXXmD4aS8NvhBRZZ4tP5rh6aq39oSb5L5N737H9PmZo/edit
A week- 3/28/22 - 4/1/22
B week- 3/14/22 - 3/18/22
- Friday, March 11th- Last day to order Yearbooks
- Friday, March 11th- Last day to participate in the Parent Survey for 5Essentials
- Monday, March 14th-17th- Collecting money for Pack the Piggies
- Friday, March 18th- Rock Your Socks for Down Syndrome Awareness- Wear fun socks to school!
Have a wonderful wildcat weekend,
Mrs. Anastacio and Mrs. Soprano
SAVE THE DATE!
Monday, 14th - Thursday, 17th - Pack the Piggies Collection
Friday, 18th- Rock Your Sock for Down Syndrome Awareness
Monday, 21st- Friday, 25th- Spring Break- No School
Wednesday, 30th- 1st Grade Activity Night-- 6:30-7:30 PM
Thursday, 7th - Open House-- 6:30-7:45 PM
Tuesday, 12th - Virtual PTA Mtg-- 7 PM
Tuesday, 19th - Capannari's Coolest School Contest-- 4:00-9:00 PM
Tuesday, 26th - Kindergarten Activity Night-- 6:30-7:30 PM
Wednesday, 27th - 4th Grade Concert-- 7:00 PM
Upcoming Assessment Schedules
Students in grades 3, 4, and 5 will be taking the Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR) in March. Please see the assessment schedule below.
IAR - 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grades
March 14th at 10:30-11:45 AM
March 15th at 1:15-2:30 PM
March 14th & 15th at 9:15-10:45 AM
March 14th & 15th at 1:15-2:45 PM
Important PTA Information...
- Yearbook Ordering Information: LAST CHANCE to ORDER! Orders will be accepted ONLINE only! Ordering will be available until: Friday, March 11, 2022. Full-Color Yearbook: $14.00. This is the only opportunity to purchase a yearbook. Questions? Please contact Becky Polley at firstname.lastname@example.org. To order your yearbook visit: inter-state.com/order Enter code: 63598Q
- Color of the World Supply Drive: The DEI Committee is collecting Color of the World markers to provide to all the classrooms at Windsor. We are looking to collect 80-100 boxes so that each classroom has sufficient supplies for all students. Donations will be collected in the office starting March 7.
- Arlington Heights Council (AHC) Pack the Piggies Contest: Are you ready to Pack the Piggy, Windsor? The Arlington Heights Council of PTA’s (AHC-PTA) funds scholarships each year for K-8 students, as well as D214 graduating seniors. This March, the AHC-PTA will be initiating it’s first ever “Pack the Piggies” FUN-raiser across the district to raise money for these scholarships. The contest begins March 14th and goes through March 17th, which gives us four days to pack our piggy and reach our goal! Windsor's school goal is to raise $1k. If we do, Mrs. Anastacio and Mrs. Soprano will kiss a pig! To help reach our goal, you can bring in coins, cash, or checks (made out to the AHC-PTA) and pack Windsor's piggy! Let’s have some fun for a great cause!
The new Chess Club website is up and running https://www.illinoischessteachers.com/. Parents can click the how to register video https://vimeo.com/686353381/3b3ba66a24. New members can always try a week free or join mid session pro-rated by emailing email@example.com
- Color of the World Marker Supply Drive: Starts March 7
- Pack the Piggies Contest: March 14-17
- 1st Grade Activity Night: Wednesday, March 30, 6:30 -7:00 pm
- PTA Meeting (Virtual): Tuesday, April 12, 7-8 pm (Voting on officers for 2022-2023 school year)
- Kindergarten Activity Night: Tuesday, April 26, 6:30 -7:00 pm
- 5th Grade World of Work: Thursday, May 5, 9-1 pm
- 5th Grade Breakfast: Wednesday, June 1, 8 - 9 am
- 5th Grade Parade: Friday, June 3, 3-3:30 pm
NOTE: Keep up to date on all PTA information by following the Windsor PTA blog and receiving notifications of new posts by email. Go to windsorpta.org and enter your email address on the right hand side of the screen where it says, “Get Updates Via Email.”
Get Burbed Challenge
Join us on April 30, 2022 for the ABC/25 Get Burbed Challenge! Early registration is now open! Go to bit.ly/ABC25GetBurbed2022 to register. All participants who register on or before April 1, 2022 are eligible for discounted pricing, are guaranteed a race shirt and can have their race packet delivered to their D25 school! This is a great opportunity to gather students, families and staff from across the district to support our schools! VIsit abc25challenge.com or follow @abc25challenge on Twitter to stay up to date with all race updates.
Notes from our Nurse...
Please reach out to Mrs. Carpenter with any questions.
Please note that students who choose to pack a meal from home are invited to take a bag with milk that will also contain a fruit, vegetable, and grain at no charge. If your child has food allergies or food intolerances, please work with them to identify what they can consume from this bag, should they decide to pick it up.
All of these bagged items will be wrapped. If a student chooses not to consume all items, those may be placed on a table in the eating area so as to not be wasted.
As a reminder, lunch is free this school year for all District 25 students.
District 25 Food Services
American Heart Association
March-National Nutrition Month
March is National Nutrition Month. We want to keep our students’ bodies and brains healthy and it starts with nutrition. Families should develop a healthy eating pattern. Click here to download a Healthy Toolkit to learn more about appropriate servings and healthy foods that are under $1!