September 7- September 11
Note From Ms. Muehling
Hi Panthers! We are so excited to see everyone tomorrow for our first day of school. I know that there were some concerns with BLEND over the weekend but it should be up and running properly now.
We'll begin our day at 7:40 with a recorded Morning Announcements. You will be able to find this at the BLEND BW Community Course. At 7:50 all grade levels will welcome students with their first Zoom Morning Meeting.
I wish you all a great first day of school!!!!!
Peace, Love, Panthers!
This Weeks Events
Monday, September 7
- No School/Labor Day
Tuesday, September 8
- Students first day of Remote Learning
Principal's Coffee Recording
New Panther Lunch Bunches with Ms. Gee
Thursday 9/10: 4th/5th new students 11:30-12:00
Monday 9/14: 3rd new students 11:30-12:00
Wednesday 9/16: 2nd new students 11.30-12:00
Friday 9/18: 1st new students 11:30-12:00
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 236 552 8041
Library Book Drop
We are ready to take back your library books! Bins will be placed in the library courtyard Tuesday, September 8th- Friday, September 11th. The bins will be out from 8:30-3:00 each day. Please remember to practice social distancing and wear your mask. Please reach out to Ms. Kettler with any questions- firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Distribution and Information
Technology Now Available at BW!
If you have requested a Chromebook or Ipad from the district they are at Bryker Woods and ready to be picked up. Please see below for the schedule and pickup procedure.
Also please be aware that hotspots are on a different delivery system and you will be notified individually when it is ready.
Carly Kettler is our Technology Distribution Coordinator. Please direct all questions to- email@example.com
Pick up times:
Tuesday 9/8- 8:30-3:30
Thursday 9/10- 8:30-3:30
Device pickup procedure at BW
You will need to provide:
Your child’s student id number
The type and number of devices you are expecting to receive
When you arrive in the circle drive in front of the school please park and call the library office at 512-414-7593. You will be asked to provide your child’s full name, student id number and the type of device you are expecting. Please remain in your car while your device is being issued. Once the process is complete your device will be placed in a bin outside the library courtyard where you can then collect your items.
K-2 At-Home Resource Distribution
We will be In order to best support our young learners, we want to provide each student with a bag of additional school supplies. These supplies will be beneficial for "hands-on" activities and sharing learning with teachers and classmates.
A supply bag for each grade level (kinder, 1st, and 2nd) will be available for pick-up this week. There will be one bag for each student enrolled. Bags will be placed outside the front door of the school from 7 am-3 pm each day. Please come pick-up supplies at your convenience and, as always, please wear a mask and practice social distancing.
BW Fall Master Events Calendar
BW Buddy Program
As you may have suspected, this year at school is going to look a lot different...but hopefully we can find some ways to keep our Bryker Woods community strong!
One way is the new BW Buddies Program, where families new to Bryker Woods are matched with a returning "support" family via email. The support family can welcome the new family to Bryker Woods, and help answer any questions they may have. Hopefully, this partnership will make transitioning to a new school a little easier, and provide both parties with another connection during this time of distance learning.
If you are interested, you can sign up here: BW Buddies Program Sign-Up
Questions? Contact Dana Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org or through Living Tree.
How To Get Involved
AISD Reopening Updates
September 8-October 5
- The first day of school is Sept. 8
- The first four weeks, from Sept. 8 to Oct. 5, will be remote
- If your student needs access to technology, please contact us at 512-414-2054 or request technology on the Parent Portal as soon as possible
- Families will need to be able to get into the AISD Parent Portal and students will need to be able to get into the AISD Student Portal to access the curriculum
- All classes will use BLEND as their learning hub
- Oct. 5 to Oct. 30 will be a phase-in period
- Families will choose if they prefer on-campus or virtual learning for this period
- Families who prefer on-campus learning will be phased in
- We will continue to base our campus and district operations on the advice of health authorities
- It is important to note: even students who choose on-campus instruction may have some days where they are still doing remote learning during this period
- Another Family Survey will be sent two weeks before Oct 5 for families to request remote or campus learning
- Austin ISD families will be able to choose to go back to remote learning based on their individual comfort level
- FAQ in English and Spanish
Have a question? Use Let's Talk! to get the answers you need. Families may call the Family Support line at 512-414-9187. You can also send a Let's Talk! text to (512) 886-6434. Support is available weekdays from 7 a.m.–5 p.m.