Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students,
Unami students had a fantastic first day together, which included a welcome assembly for all three grade levels. At our meetings we discussed the programs that we will be continuing and initiating this year, all designed to continue to grow our positive school culture.
- Unami R-ROCKS (Respect, Responsibility, Outstanding Achievement, Choose Kind, & Stand UP).
- Unami United Forums: Advisory Group meetings every other Tuesday--designed to build relationships and foster belonging and acceptance. We will have our first meeting next Tuesday, September 8.
7th grade students had a special 1st day schedule which ensured that they had the hallways of Unami to themselves on the first day of classes. 7th grade teams devised a host of activities designed to help students navigate the building, learn our procedures, and clarify our expectations.
I also reminded all students of our dress code and cell phone policies. I emphasized to students that dressing appropriately for school is essential for a productive learning and working environment. Please reference our student handbook, (click here )which includes detailed information on all our school policies.
It was a GREAT start. Thank you for sharing your children with us. We missed them!
UNAMI EXPECTATIONS MATRIX
Important Upcoming Events
September 2,3,8 - Concussion Baseline Impact Testing (contact sports only)
September 4 - Fall Athlete Student Presentation (expectations & guidelines)
September 8-School Pictures
September 9--7th Grade Back to School Night (7pm)
September 16--8th/9th Grade Back to School Night (7pm)
September 17 - 1st Parent Council (9am)
September 18 - Magazine Kick-off Assembly
For more details, please visit the Unami Website.
Health Suite Information--Student Medications
Please be reminded that students may not carry any form of medication. This includes over the counter medication. If your child has any medication needs, please complete a medication dispensing form. Blank medication dispensing forms are available on the district website, www.cbsd.org, under “Parent Resources.” Please look for district information, at the bottom of the page, where you will find “Medical Forms/Forms”.
9/11 Heroes Run
Fundraise for Unami While You Shop
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting UMS while you shop:
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Unami receives a percentage of your spending.
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Note, each year you need to reselect Unami so that your shopping benefits UMS.
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Unami can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Unami earns money for our school.