February 19, 2018
Tune in every week for Levy Facts!
Frequently Asked Questions regarding May 8, 2018 Ballot Issues
Tune in every Monday for #MakeADifferenceMonday where we will feature a stakeholder, student, or fellow alumni answering "Five questions for B-C-S"
This week B-C-S is featuring, Head Cook at OHMS, Liz Moor!
1. Please tell us a little about yourself/family and how long you have been employed with B-C-S?
- I am happily married to Mike, my husband of 38 years. I have 3 daughters and 4 grandchildren with one more coming in July. I enjoy traveling with my husband and attending classic car shows with him. I am a sucker for warm weather and absolutely love the spring and summer months. I also try to stay in shape and love riding bikes when it is warm out. I have been working at BSC Schools for 24 years.
2. What is most rewarding about your job as head cook at the Middle School?
- I love the relationships I have developed with the students and the staff. I have made some great friendships over the years with people who are supportive inside and outside of the work environment. It is also rewarding when students come in and say good morning and I get to know about their lives.
3. What is your favorite thing to make or serve?
- My favorite food is whatever the kids love to eat! It is so hard with all the new changes the government has made, but the most rewarding thing is when they love it!
4. What message do you want the public, students, and facility to walk away with regarding B-C-S Food Service Department?
- I wish the students and the public knew how hard it is to work with the food regulations. We strive very hard to make what the students like. I am always willing to try new things and remove things that don’t seem to go as well with the kids.
5. What is your favorite restaurant?
- My favorite place to eat is Texas Roadhouse! They have delicious food!
School Safety ~ A Top Priority for B-C-S!
Get in the loop on efforts to stop opioid addiction in Ottawa Co. Oak Harbor HS was privileged to host Tony Hoffman
What's Going On At RC Waters Elementary?
Breakfast With A Loved One!
This week at RC Waters!
We cheered on our 3rd Grade Reading Olympians during their opening ceremony this week. Best of luck to all competitors!
The 4-H extension office and high school students that participate in 4-H spoke to the 3rd grade students at RCW this week about the many opportunities that 4-H has to offer.
These 3rd graders enjoyed a Food Fair this week! They read books on inventors of different foods, then sampled foods from the inventors of items like Hersheys, McDonalds, Kellogs and more.
Visited classrooms this Valentine's Day and was amazed at the activities. Thank you to all of our parent volunteers and your creative ideas that help make these special days so fun for the students. We our parent volunteers!
Kindergarten Daily Five Literacy Centers: Mrs. Lutz makes the learning centers more fun with heart-shaped glasses for Read-the-Room and a drawer full of stickers to inspire writing!
We are celebrating the birthday of our school pet, RC! Happy 1st birthday, RC! You are loved by many, many kiddos.
What's Going On At Oak Harbor Middle School?
- Spring Picture Day is Thursday, February 22nd. Information sheets were sent home. No money needed until photos are delivered. It is optional if you want to buy but un-purchased photos are to be returned to the office. Thank you!
- Dodgeball Tournament coming up on March 9th. Team packets are available in the office.
- Track Conditioning is held on Mon. and Wed. at the High School (not mandatory until March)
The Following Sport Forms are available in the office:
Little League Baseball
Girl’s Summer Softball-Registration Deadline is March 1st.
OHMS Teachers would like to THANK The Rocket Family Group for all of the treats during Parent Teacher Conferences!
WHATS GOING ON AT OAK HARBOR HIGH SCHOOL?
This week at OHHS!
Happy National FFA Week!
Congratulations to our three performers in the Honors Festival! Representing Oak Harbor wonderfully!
The Catawba Border Patrol Officers presenting to the Oak Harbor High School Government classes! Very informative!! Thank you Mr. Lance for organizing!
Oak Harbor Seniors listening to an overview of local scholarship opportunities! Well done Mr. Ramsey & Mrs. Coffman!
Don't Forget! OHHS Blood Drive is March 13, 2018!
WHATS GOING ON AT PENTA?
ROCKET SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS!
- It is official!!! Congratulations to the Mens and Womens Swimming teams as they advance to the Swimming and Diving State Championships in Canton next week! Qualifiers include: Womens 200 Free Relay team of Elayna Krupp, Gabby Sharkey, Emily Haar and Erin Druyor. The Mens 200 Free relay team of Caleb Heintz, Kobe Fletcher, Thomas Chovanec and Troy Metcalf. Elayna Krupp advanced in the Womens 50 Free as well. Congrats to all!
- OHHS Cheerleaders DID IT! STATE BOUND Division 4 Qualifiers! SO PROUD!
- Congratulations to the following players for District 6 Honors: 1st Team - Jac Alexander
- 2nd Team - Tate Smith Honorable Mention - Alex Gezo
- V Boys Basketball: Final Oak Harbor 65 Bellevue 63 Tate Smith scores 22, Alex Gezo 14,
- Jac Alexander 13. Rockets advance to 17-4 on the season. Final regular season game is next Friday at HOME vs Edison. SENIOR PARENT NIGHT
- Final Team Scores. Rockets finish 2nd place overall. Great job Rockets!
- V Boys Basketball: Final Oak Harbor 67 Port Clinton 47 Jac Alexander and Alex Gezo both score 18 points while Clay Schulte added 12. Rockets travel to Bellevue tomorrow night, Feb 17. Freshman game starts at 4:45pm.
- V Girls Basketball: Final Edison 32 Oak Harbor 52 Logan Harris leads all scorers with 24 points. Lady Rockets will play for a sectional title next Saturday, Feb. 24th, at Bowsher HS at 8pm vs the winner of the Clyde/Maumee sectional semi-final.
- Swimming District qualifier photos posted in the cafeteria this evening. So cool! Fun time of year!
- V Girls Basketball Final Oak Harbor 48 Elmwood 32 Nice road win Lady Rockets. Ashley Riley paces OH with 16 points.
- V Boys Basketball Final New Riegel 39 Oak Harbor 57 Jac Alexander leads all scorers with 18 points and Tate Smith had 17. Rockets travel to Port Clinton Friday night....4:30pm start.
- Congrats to PK Tate Smith on signing his NLI to attend Bluffton University!
District Swimming: Elayna Krupp wins a swim off in the 50 free! Great swim Elayna!
BENTON-CARROLL-SALEM LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
WEEKLY SPORTS AND SCHOOL CALENDAR
WEEK OF 02/19/2018
Monday, February 19
NO SCHOOL ~ President's Day
Wednesday, February 21
5:00 PM Levy Committee Meeting @ High School Hub
Thursday, February 22
7:00 PM HS ~ Band/Choir Winter Concert
Friday, February 23
4:30 PM H HS ~ Boys Basketball - Edison
The school district was founded on July 1, 1967 due to the consolidation of the Benton Township School District, the Carroll Township School District, and the Salem-Oak Harbor School District.Benton-Carroll-Salem Local School District, home of the Oak Harbor Rockets, serves 1700 students on three campuses: R.C. Waters Elementary School (Grades K--3), Oak Harbor Middle School (Grades 4--7), and Oak Harbor High School (Grades 8--12). The district is committed to serving the needs of all students to prepare them for the challenges of citizenship, the workforce, and life long learning.