Soaring Over MDE
October 22, 2021
Healthy Kids Survey-Parents
The survey is accessible online and takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. Please click the link below to complete. We are aiming for a 75% parent completition, if not more.
Chromebooks 2nd-5th Graders
Our District is excited to be participating in an important technology program called the Emergency Connectivity Fund (ECF). This program will provide Mt. Diablo Elementary with additional Chromebooks so that all students have access to a personal device. This device can be used at school, plus also be taken home whenever it is needed.
If your child does not have regular access to a computer at home whenever they need it to complete homework or school work, signing this form will allow us to purchase a device for your child. (The form will be coming home today, Friday on a yellow piece of paper. I have also included the link to the sheet if the slip happens to get lost between school and home.)
Please return this form before Friday, October 29. Thank you!
We are still on Conference Schedule next week. Here are the hours for dismissal:
TK & Kindergarten
Early Session 8:00am -11:05am
Late Session 9:55am - 1:00pm
Grades 1st – 5th
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00am- 1:30pm
- Inflatable costumes, weapons and/or fake blood will not be allowed.
- Costumes must be on when arriving at school. (no getting dressed in the bathrooms.)
- Additional costume masks need to be left at home.
- Daily COVID masks must still be worn while inside at all times.
- Shoes should still be school appropriate, close toed with a back.
**There will be no parade for parents to watch this year.**
In a week or two, garden educators will begin their nutrition and cooking units.
Otis Spunkmeyer Pick-Up
Happy Fall, MDE!!
Thank you all for helping making the first Otis Spunkmeyer fundraiser a really big success!! We net an impressive $15,555 from this fundraiser, which is absolutely FANTASTIC!!
Pick up will be in the MUR on Wednesday, November 3rd, from 12:45pm-3:45pm. A few very important notes:
- This will be the ONLY pick up date. Please make arrangements ahead of time. You may have a friend pick up for you if you can’t make it.
- We have no room to store frozen items if they are not picked up, so again, please plan accordingly and make sure your items are picked up on November 3.
- Students CANNOT pick up the items.
- You cannot leave your car attended under any circumstances.
- We need a few volunteers to help distribute the items. Please email Lindsaygagering@gmail.com if you are available to help from either 10-12 (organizing and set up) or 12:45-3:45pm (pick-up).
All Incentives will be distributed at pick up as well. If your items were shipping directly to your house, you still need to come November 3rd to get your incentives, if you earned any.
We had 64 kids earn a donut party (for selling 12+ items) with the Principal. This will be done by grade level, as follows:
Grade Level Date Time
- TK & K Monday, November 8th -10:05am
- 1st Tuesday, November 9th -9:00am
- 2nd & 3rd Wednesday, November 10th -9:00am
- 4th & 5th Friday, November 12th 8:30am
We had 14 kids earn the balloon pop (for selling 30+ items—wow!!). This will be done at 11:10am on Friday, November 5th. This is for students only.
Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you again for your wonderful participation and support!
VP of Fundraising
Dine and Donate
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
4pm – 8pm
Jacks Urban Eats
Donating back 20% of purchases that mention this fundraiser
Call 925-954-1570 and mention that you are with Mount Diablo Elementary School Parent Faculty Club before placing your order.
Visit Jacks Urban Eats's online order website. Use the promo code of "JacksFun" and 20% of your meal’s price will be donated back to Mount Diablo Elementary School Parent Faculty Club.
Visit the location in person at 2862 Ygnacio Valley Road, Walnut Creek 94598 and they will take your order from their storefront for take-out. Mention that you are with Mount Diablo Elementary School Parent Faculty Club (or show this flyer) before ordering.