REMINDER: OAKS UPGRADE THIS FRIDAY!
10.3 Upgrade - Friday, May 9th, 2014
OAKS WILL BE UPGRADED FRIDAY, MAY 9TH, 2014
This upgrade will bring increased functionality to several of the tools you use most, such as Content, Discussions and Dropbox.
- add content from your computer by dragging and dropping it directly into the Content tool.
- re-order and move course material by dragging and dropping it to its new location.
- improved navigation and interface.
- improved content viewing, utilizing more of the screen and in-OAKS viewing of Word and PPT files.
- automatic completion tracking that tracks viewed items in Content for both the instructor and student.
- student notification of updated Content files.
- cleaner interface.
- quick count view of number of unread posts, threads, replies, and views.
- opening a post marks it a read for both instructor and student.
- new post rating schemes.
- bulk upload of graded student work back into the dropbox.
- grade students work in the Dropbox even if they were unable to upload a file.
INFORMATIONAL SESSIONS AND TRAINING
- April 1 - 8-9 am
- April 2 - 8-9 am
- April 10 - 8:30-9:30 am
- April 11 - 2-3 pm
- April 16 - 12-1 pm
- April 21 - 2-3 pm
- April 22 - 2-3 pm
- April 25 - 9-10 am
- April 25 - 2-3 pm
- April 29 - 3-4 pm
- May 1 - 2-3 pm
We will also be offering in-depth demonstrations of other tools prior to the upgrade. Those sessions are also posted at http://tlt.eventbrite.com.
Online text-based and video tutorials will be available on the OAKS blog by mid-April - http://blogs.cofc.edu/oaks. In addition, full face-to-face training will be offered throughout the summer and early fall.