Reynolds Family Weekly Newsletter
May 22, 2022
Thank you for making our Open House a huge success. It was wonderful to see so many families on our campus, appreciating all the hard work that has been accomplished this year in the classrooms.
Our fourth and fifth grade students did a fantastic job showcasing the music skills they learned.
A huge thank you to our PTO for organizing the community resource fair and the food vendors.The food was so delicious, families kept returning to the buy more.
On Tuesday the District Parent Advisory Committee and District English Learner Advisory Committee will hold its last meeting of the school year. Meeting will be held at Chavez Middle School from 6:00-7:30 pm.
Looking forward to another amazing week at Reynolds.
Mrs. Liliana Gordon-Gonzalez, Principal
Mrs. Berlinda Akao, Assistant Principal
THANK YOU, Reynolds' families for coming to our Open House this past Wednesday. It was wonderful to see so many families in attendance! Spirit gear orders from the Open House and any late submissions from April were processed and should arrive in early June. Thanks to our families, the basket raffle was a huge success and winners have been notified. Also, we'd like to thank the following businesses and organizations for supporting Reynolds at this week's Open House:
Oceanside Public Library
Mr. Edward Becerra
Finally, if you are interested in becoming part of our PTO team for the 2022-2023 school year, please fill out and submit a PTO Interest Form ASAP since we'll be voting in new members soon!
Hello Reynolds Families,
It was great to see so many families at Open House. What a great experience to witness students, family members, and staff gather together to build a welcoming school community. Let's not forget how excited our scholars were to demonstrate what they have accomplished. We had an outstanding turnout, and I can't wait to see how we will grow.
I want to give a special shout-out to PTO for organizing such a great Open House event and providing the school with AWESOME school gear. Thank you!
Future Chavez Students: Next week, on Thursday, May 26, students will have a field trip to Chavez Middle School. If you haven't already, please turn in your permission slip by Tuesday, May 24th.
We will have a spirit week, the last week of May. We changed one of the days, so please refer to the flyer.
Have a great week,
Oscar Torrico, M.A, P.P.S
Reynolds Elementary School
Please Return the Intent to Return Letter by May 27th
So, please send back the bottom portion stating if your child will return to Reynolds next year or not. Link to letter
Smarter Balance Summative Assessments (SBAC) in ELA and Math
5th grade May 24th-25th
We ask for your support by making sure the days your child is testing that they
- Get plenty of rest the night before
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- NOT be late to school
Pre-Kindergarten Program District Survey
As the California Department of Education moves toward Universal Pre-Kindergarten instruction for all children ages three through five, our district would like to better understand how to meet the needs of parents/guardians of their youngest children. Click on the survey to give your input.
2022- 2023 Bell Schedule for Reynolds Elementary and District Calendar
Here is the new LATE START schedule for Reynolds:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays: 8:55 AM-3:35 PM
- Wednesdays and other scheduled Minimum Days: 8:55 AM-1:05 PM
Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 8:55 AM- 2:50 PM
- Wednesdays and other scheduled Minimum Days: 8:55 AM-1:05 PM
- Link to District School Year Calendar
GETTING TO KNOW OUR AMAZING STAFF
Dr. Fragoso--Special Education Teacher
I graduated from Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru with a B.A. in Educational Psychology, Mild/Moderate SPED Bilingual Authorization Credential/Masters in Autism from SDSU and a Ph.D. in Education from CGU. I have been working in Special Education for two decades. I am passionate about my work! I love being a special education teacher at Reynolds!
I have a son and two daughters and a beautiful granddaughter.I love cooking for them. I also love reading and walking.
Mrs. Guello--Speech and Language Pathologist
Sharp Hospital on the Children/Adolescent unit for over 20 years!
In my spare time I love reading history, taking ballet lessons, and feeding my friendly neighborhood raccoons!
- Please monitor your student for COVID-19 symptoms daily prior to bringing/sending them to school.
- Please see the guidelines on what to do if your child is sick.
Please refer to our district webpage
- Information on symptoms of Covid
- Testing sites and times
TK and Kinder Dismissal
THANK YOU Parents for working with our staff to make dismissal safer for everyone.
For the safety of students, staff and parents
- Please DO NOT DOUBLE PARK AND GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE .
- Please be patient while teacher(s) walk your student(s) to your vehicle when you pull up.
First-Fifth Grade Dismissal
Frequently Asked Questions about devices
This document will be continuously updated with new questions/information.
Car Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival Reminders ALL Grades:
- Please drive up all the way up to drop off your student
- Please stay in your car as you drop off your student
- All parents stay in car lane to drop off your student and DO NOT cut off other cars in line or double park to get out and walk your child
Dismissal Reminders :
- Please drive up all the way up as staff will escort your student toward your car
- Please do not double park and ask your student to cross in between cars
- Please keep the line moving; your child will walk to your car
Back gate is open during arrival and dismissal.
Thank you for your continued patience during arrival and dismissal for the safety of our students.
- As per OUSD Wellness Policy, please refrain from sending non-nutritional value foods such as; candy, hot spicy chips, etc. from home.
- Our gates will open at 7:45 am and the bell rings at 8:15 am
- Only students will be allowed to enter the school gates.
- All students are eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch.
- Please send a reusable water bottle with your child.
- Wednesdays are minimum days. Students in TK/K- 5th grades are dismissed at 12:25 pm.