SOLANA HIGHLANDS FRIDAY FOCUS
Feb. 8, 2013 (Vol. 7)
I LOVE SOLANA HIGHLANDS BECAUSE...
The following are K-4 grade responses:
- "It's a great school and I love how everyone takes care of us!"
- "Everyone makes learning fun."
- "I love how people are really kind and nice and there are a lot of fun things to do and a lot of opportunities."
- "Awesome teachers and staff!"
- "It's a very nice, clean, and fun school."
- "It has good rules, good teachers who teach us well."
- "Everyone shows each other respect."
- "It's the BEST!!!"
Happy Valentine's Day!!!
- Happy 100th day of School on the 6th! Where has the time gone?!?!
- Johanna Anderson - Congratulations on your pregnancy!
- Julie Paris - For always being so kind and patient, especially with so many students coming her way lately.
- Great job Kindergarten - for the great Wiki tracking students' progress and interventions (see picture below)
- Kelsey Holohan - for coming to our staff meeting and reviewing Productive Group Work! Your time and special way of presenting was much appreciated!
- Mrs. Murphy - For making sure a student was properly supervised that wasn't even her student
- Sibling list for conferences will be posted on Monday. If you need help with how to do this, please talk with your teammates. Conference letters and wikis should go home on the 27th.
- Wes Sechrest, a teacher who is getting his administration credential, will be shadowing me on Feb. 14th. I am excited to show him our amazing school!
- The book, Number Talks, is now in the Professional Library. This is the same book that Dinah Brown and the SDCOE discussed. The purpose is mental math and computation strategies. It's a great resource to create number talks in your classroom with a DVD in the front of the book.
- 3rd and 4th Grade Teachers - Katie Mc. and Terry Decker are in the process of getting a great person to help in our immediate grades with the Common Core Math; so stay tuned.
- Please remember to close the amphitheater doors when your classroom comes in and out. We are doing a much better job at creating a more secure school where the adults need to enter through the front of the school.
- Digital Dash is this Friday!
Student Success Day - K wiki
Great job Kindergarten
Making the most of Every Minute
Great posted schedules throughout our school
With awesome GLAD posters (not pictured)
Assessment for Learning: The 10 Principles
This short article offers good reminders of how assessments should be used to promote learning in our students. The last principle resonates with me: "Assessment for learning should be used to enhance all learners' opportunities to learn in all areas of educational activity. It should enable all learners to achieve their best and to have their efforts recognized."