La Mesa Update
April 20, 2020
Por favor, desplácese hacia abajo para seleccionar español.
- Establish a daily routine around school that includes a time for quiet in the home for students to focus.
- Remind your child to check in with their Google Classroom during each learning block to ensure they are getting the most updated information.
- Monitor the mental health of your child. Reach out to us if there is anything we can do to support you or your child.
- Create some tech-free time during the day. This can be time to meal prep together, play games, or read, for example.
- Check email and Infinite Campus daily to ensure you have the most up to date information from your child's teachers and the District.
- Remind your child to read the directions. Teachers receive a large number of questions from students that could be easily answered by them taking the time to read through the instructions or by watching the video associated with the lesson.
PE Locker Items, Textbook Return, Yearbook Distribution
Free Lunch 12-1pm Monday - Friday
Free Meal Program Details:
- Grab and go meals are FREE to students ages 18 and younger who come to a meal site
- Food served is healthy and follows USDA nutrition guidelines
- No application or proof of income needed. You can just bring your child to meal site in your community
- Grab and go meals are for students ages 18 and younger.
- Children must be present and must claim the meals.
La Mesa, Rancho Pico and Rio Norte are Hart District sites providing the meals. The elementary districts are also providing meals which students 18 years of age or younger can also access.
A Complete List of Locations:
Castaic USD: Live Oak, Northlake
Newhall SD: Newhall, Peachland, Wiley Canyon, McGrath
Saugus USD: Cedarcreek, Rio Vista
Sulphur Springs USD: Mitchell, Canyon Springs
Wm S Hart: La Mesa, Rio Norte, Rancho Pico
A Message from GV Principal Sal Frias for 8th Grade Families
Good afternoon incoming Golden Valley High School 9th graders for the 2020-21 school year. Here is one last reminder that class sign ups are due by Wednesday, April 22nd.
For students who do not select their classes your counselors will be using their best judgment in selecting your classes to start next school year . Please direct all questions to your GVHS counselor. The names are available on our GVHS website. Please click here to complete this process. For those of you have completed this, thank you.
Incoming 9th grade student counseling presentation is available here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1evsZuL3gBQkKVR0UfXTA-tGm9ZYjCEKc9O6S3ycdAqM/edit?usp=sharing
Thank you for your time future Grizzlies. Please continue to work hard the last six weeks of school this year and be safe.
Mr. Sal Frias, Principal GVHS
The data collected from the Census has a direct impact on the number of seats our state will have in the House of Representatives and how much federal funding we will receive for the next ten years for schools, health facilities, roads, and other important infrastructure needs.
As of April 9, 2020 Los Angeles County only reported 42.9% responses. The California Self-Response rate was 47.2%.
Here is a link that shows some of the questions you will be asked: https://2020census.gov/en/about-questions.html
Here is the link to access the census online: https://my2020census.gov/
Connecting with La Mesa Staff
1. Classroom Teacher
3. Assistant Principal
Teacher emails can be found HERE
Griffins, Wolverines and 8th Grade Broncos:
Mr. Atkins firstname.lastname@example.org
661-270-6878 Text or Voice
Matadors and Wildcats
Mrs. Mancini email@example.com
661- 299-7917 Text or Voice
Tritons, Falcons, and 7th Grade Broncos
Mrs. Malkowsi firstname.lastname@example.org
661- 237-5787 Text or Voice
Cougars and Panthers
Mr. Paterson email@example.com
661-270-6435 Text or Voice
Ms. Davis - 7th Grade Students
661-347-6679 Text or Voice
Mr. Pena - 8th Grade Students
661-347-8005 Text or Voice
661-567-0477 Text or Voice
Friday, April 24th - 4th Quarter Progress Reports
Tuesday, May 5th - National Day of the Teacher