and save the world
why should we?
also, most of the energy we use, like fossil fuels, is limited. they are nonrenewable resources, meaning once they run out, they're gone forever.
another reason is that using energy causes air pollution. car fumes, burning coal, and many more contribute to the brown and red skies of pollution.
HOW DO WE?
- turn off lights, fans, and electronics immediately after use
- wash a lot of clothes at once. if you need to wash a small amount of clothes, use less water
- use a microwave to heat up food rather than an oven
- when your parents are buying new appliances, look for the ENERGY STAR® label
- don't leave the water running when brushing your teeth
- cut your shower time shorter- no more half hour showers!!
- know where food is in your refrigerator so you don't have to leave it open to search for something you want to eat
- instead of using a dishwasher, wash dirty plates and utensils in the sink (it's cleaner and more efficient then dishwashers, too)
- using ceiling fans when it's hot and wear thicker clothing when it's cold
- try purchasing appliances that use rechargable batteries