Biehl's Blurb 5/13/16
Ms. Biehl's Class, Room 103- Great things happen here!
Line Creek Mission Statement
Leader in Me Parent Survey
As a requirement of the Leader in Me grant we received, we’re asked to collect parent feedback. Please take a few moments to complete the survey by clicking the link: Leader In Me Parent Survey
To begin the survey, click the “NEXT” button.
We greatly appreciate your feedback. Your responses will be used to continue to build leaders in our Line Creek community. Thank you!
Thursday- Field Day
We Are Wild About Learning
Here's what we will be studying in first grade next week:
- I can get interested in a topic and get better at learning a lot about it by reading many different lots of different kinds of books and ones that are in a bunch of genres.
- If I’m ready to learn about a topic, I can find a way to learn stuff from all kinds of texts, even from stories and poems.
- When there are important words and phrases in the texts that I read, I can get better at using them to as I think and talk.
- When I have a pile of books and other texts that tell about a topic, I can take all I learn from one text and add it to what I learn from the next.
- After I’ve read many books on a topic, I can teach others the information I’ve learned and my opinions about that topic.
- I can generate fiction ideas from my own live or reading mentor texts.
- I can write a series and always have a lot to write about.
- I can partician circles and rectangles into two and four equal shares.
- I can describe equal shres using the words halves, fourths, and quarters.
- I can describe a whole as two of or four of the share.
- I can describe the basic needs of animals.
- I can describe the relationships between the physical structures of animals and the functions of those structures.
- I can distinguish between plants and animals based on observable structures and behaviors.