Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
Thought of the Week!
He walked among them and they did not recognize him.
Reminder of the Week ....
Always holding the hands of His children.
Prayer Requests May 12, 2013
Carman- praise- graduate tomorrow, two interviews prior; pray for calm nerves, peace, wisdom
Janet and Keith- Ethan needs cheap, reliable transportation ; LEAVING FRIDAY FOR A CRUISE, PRAY THE SHIP WORKS. :)
Ed- sell house in Rock Hill
Emily- trip to Haiti, 21 people, pray for Jim, David, and Jamie as they lead the team, pray for the work they have planned
Melissa- praise, mother is doing much better; Brian Chace healing; praise God for His constant presence and guidance
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
Pentecost was a time of celebration for the Jews. Holy Spirit came to all the believers, and spoke to them so they could understand. Pint: the Holy Spirit came to she'd light, to give power to His followers. Thousands of people came. Peter gave the message and patched the Gospel. The Holy Spirit gathered the crowd, God gave Peter the message, Peter delivered the message. Pentecost also called the Day of Feasting. Celebrating the harvest and having a harvest of people...symbolism. The same Holy Spirit that spoke on the Day of Pentecost, is the same Holy Spirit that speaks to me. Once we have theHoly Spirit, He never leaves. Sometimes we Need our batteries recharged. When its dark, all we need is the tiniest of flashlights. Melissa- we need to brighten our little corner...not the world. God calls us to do what we Can do where we can do it.
Next Week's Lesson (Let Doug know what you think of the new information.)
As background material, read Acts 3–15; Galatians 1–2; and James 2. Then focus your attention on the main passages for this week:
1. Works-based religion threatens the centrality of faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 15:1-5).
2. God’s people are constituted by grace alone through faith in Jesus alone (Gal. 2:15-21).
3. God’s people are marked by faith in Jesus alone that results in good works (Jas. 2:18-26).
- Dec. 14 Soup Kitchen
- June 30~Annual CELEBRATION OF FREEDOM 9:00 and 10:45
- July 8-12 ~ Music Camp, 8:30-2:30, 5K - grade 5, $30
- June 21-22 Wildfire Men's Impact weekend with Jase and Willie Robertson of Duck Dynasty and Tim Tebow. See Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org for details/registration