HFRCS Newsletter SY 2022-2023
January 31, 2023 - Vol.2 Issue 22
From the Principal's Office
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Happy Catholic Schools Week! Our school is bursting with energy and enthusiasm! On Sunday, it was a blessing to see so many of our school families at the Masses at St. Frances Cabrini and Queen of the Universe. It is wonderful for us to praise and thank God together and share our love and appreciation for Catholic education. Our Open House on Sunday was a huge success as we welcomed new and current families to our school! Our week is packed with fun and exciting activities for our students as we recognize and appreciate our teachers, students, nation, and vocations. We will be accepting donations for our Catholic Schools Week service project to the Women’s Animal Center until this Friday, February 3. Our closing of Catholic Schools Week liturgy will be celebrated on Friday at 9:30 AM. In recognition of the Feast of St. Blase, there will be the blessing of throats during the Mass. Please join us if your schedule permits.
Our school is in the process of getting our Middle States re-accreditation and a visiting team from the Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools will be coming to our school March 20-23. As a result, we will be having an early dismissal on Thursday, March 23; 11:00 AM for PK classes and 11:30 AM for grades K-8. We are currently working to see which buses will be able to provide transportation home that day. We will be having after-school CARES. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support with our Middle States visit.
Sincerely Yours in Christ,
Remember to go to Mass this weekend.
Catholic Schools’ Week Service Project
Women’s Animal Center
Location: 3839 Richlieu Rd, Bensalem
Donations Needed: (Please have your child bring any donations to school during Catholic Schools’ Week January 30th-February 3rd)
Any kind of dog/cat food that is unopened and not expired (no larger than 20lbs.)
Any kind of dog/cat treats
Towels- new and clean used
Dawn Dish Detergent
Soft Dog and Cat Treats- unopened/unexpired
Adaptil and Feliway Spray and Plug-ins
Non-Clumping Clay Cat Litter
Freedom Harnesses, all sizes
KONGS, XL and XXL
KMR Kitten Formula
Small Animal Food for Rabbits and Guinea Pigs (pellets, treats, alfalfa hay and timothy hay)
Chewable Hay Toys for Rabbits and Guinea Pigs
Leashes, 4-6 ft nylon or leather, non-retractable
Student Council Raffle Baskets
Super Bowl Football Pool Fundraiser
The Super Bowl is set for February 12, 2023. We are gearing up for the big game as our very own Philadelphia Eagles will be going up against the Kansas City Chiefs! Holy Family’s Board of Limited Jurisdiction is organizing a Super Bowl Football Pool fundraiser. Please consider supporting our school. Three pools will be offered at different price levels. Squares are available to purchase today at $25, $50, or $100. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://hfrcs.org/ways-to-give.
$25 Pool (1): https://www.superbowlsquares.org/25HFRCS1 (SOLD OUT)
$25 Pool (2): https://www.superbowlsquares.org/25HFRCS2
$50 Pool: https://www.superbowlsquares.org/50HFRCS1
$100 Pool: https://www.superbowlsquares.org/100HFRCS1
Payment can be made by a bank account or debit card through Venmo @HFF-Advancement or by credit card through the Parish Giving link.
Payouts for each pool are as follows:
- End of 1st Quarter: 10%
- End of 2nd Quarter: 10%
- End of 3rd Quarter: 10%
- Final Game Score: 20%
If all squares are purchased for the pool, the payouts are as follows:
- $25 pool - 1st Quarter $250, 2nd Quarter $250, 3rd Quarter $250, Final $500
- $50 pool - 1st Quarter $500, 2nd Quarter $500, 3rd Quarter $500, Final $1000
- $100 pool - 1st Quarter $1000, 2nd Quarter $1000, 3rd Quarter $1000, Final $2000
Note: If all squares are not purchased, the winning amounts are based on the percentages listed above and the total amount collected for the pool.
March Breakfast/Lunch Order - Due Feb 9
Order Form: https://forms.gle/JnzZwTLQsVVGcaUn8
Vote for Holy Family - Bucks County's Best!
Holy Family Regional Catholic School has been nominated for two categories in the 2023 Bucks Happenings: Best Elementary School & Best Preschool! We hope you will vote for Holy Family! Help us show Buck County the #HFDifference!
2023 Kids: Preschool : https://bucks.happeningmag.com/happeninglist/2023-kids-preschool/
2023 Everything Bucks: Elementary School : https://bucks.happeningmag.com/happeninglist/2023-everything-bucks-elementary-school/
A tax return (2021 or 2022) must be submitted with your application. Please note that FACTS charges a fee for processing and verifying applications.
Grants will be awarded in late Spring once we are notified of our available funding. Awards are based on factors such as the available funding, the number of applicants and the income eligibility of applicants.
Please review the Family Handbook for reference on Dress Down guidelines (page 13):
In general, the spirit of these guidelines is that students’ clothing should be modest and appropriate to wear to a Catholic school. Changing styles make it difficult to cover every situation. Below are some items that are not permitted. If a parent or student is not sure something is appropriate, it should not be worn.
These styles are not permitted:
- Tank tops, camis, crop tops, or low-cut tops with or without another top or sweater*
- Cut-offs, pajama pants, or hip-hugging pants or shorts
- Torn or ripped clothing
- Open-back shoes, Crocs, flip-flops, or sandals
- Clothing with inappropriate language, sayings, figures, or designs
These dress items are never permitted, at school or any school-related function
- Short shorts (shorter than 1 to 2 inches above the knee)
- Runner-type jogging shorts
- Revealing tops*
- Tight-fitting sweatpants
- Tights/leggings without an appropriate-length skirt over top
- Low-riding pants or jeans that reveal skin or undergarments
*Shirts with high necklines are the most modest and are therefore recommended at all times.
- Feb 1 (Wed): CSW STREAM Day (sweatpants, sweatshirts, t-shirts, or any other workout attire), bring in CSW service project donations
- Feb 2 (Thu): CSW Student Appreciation Day (flashback to another decade), bring in CSW service project donations
- Feb 3 (Fri): CSW Celebrating Vocations (full winter uniform), Closing of Catholic Schools Mass @ 9:30 AM, Early Dismissal (PK 11:00 AM, K-Gr. 8 11:30 AM, after school CARES available) - parent pick up needed for Bensalem and Neshaminy bus riders, last day to bring in CSW service project donations
- Feb 9 (Thu): Super Bowl Football Pool Fundraiser last day
- Feb 10 (Fri): Eagles/Green Dress Down Day
- Feb 20 (Mon): No School, Professional Development Day
- Mar 23 (Thu): Early dismissal PK 11:00, K-8 11:30, after school CARES available
From the Enrollment Office
We have officially opened PreK3-8th Grade enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year! If you are interested in enrolling another child of yours this fall, please get in touch with our Enrollment Office. Our Referral Program is a great way to expand our school community while earning a tuition credit for your family
Ms. Regan Downey, Enrollment & Marketing
email@example.com 215-269-9600 x209
***** HOME & SCHOOL NEWS *****
H&S Upcoming Events
- Feb 6 (Mon): Gertrude Hawk Chocolate Sale starts
- Feb 7 (Tue): Home & School Meeting @ 7:00 PM, Parish Center PC6 (2nd Floor)
- Feb 8 (Wed): RSVP to Valentine's Gift Card Bingo to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the number of players attending
- Feb 10 (Fri): Valentine's Gift Card Bingo, doors open 6:30 PM and games start 7:00 PM
- Feb 22 (Wed): Salvatore's - dine in or take out, 4:00-9:00 PM, see flyer for details
- Feb 24 (Fri): Last Day of Gertrude Hawk Chocolate Sale
- Mar 12 (Sun): 1:00-3:30 PM Holy Family at the Rink, see flyer for details
- Apr 22 (Sat): Save the date for the Family Spring Fling Dance
For any questions regarding Home & School events, please reach out to the H&S Leadership Team or email@example.com
Spiritwear: New spiritwear inventory on hand and available for purchase! Please see attached order form and email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
***** PARISH NEWS *****
Queen of the Universe
Father John R. Weber, Pastor
Father Cesar J. Izzaguire, Parochial Vicar
View the Parish Weekly Bulletin.
Sunday Mass Schedule:
4:00 PM (Vigil Mass), 7:30 AM , 9:30 AM , 11:30 AM , 1:00 PM La Misa en Español
Weekday Daily Mass:
8:30 AM - Monday through Saturday
Holy Days: (subject to change)
5:00 PM (Vigil), 8:30 AM, Noon, & 7:00 PM
The Sacrament of Reconciliation:
Thursday: 6:45 PM - 7:30 PM , Saturdays: 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM
The Sacrament of Baptism:
1st and 3rd Saturdays, at 11:00 AM
St. Frances Cabrini
Monsignor Magee, Weekend Assistant
View the Parish Weekly Bulletin.
- Monday-Saturday: 9:30 AM
- Saturday Vigil: 5:30 PM
- Sunday: 7:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM
- Holy Days: 6:30 AM, 12 Noon, 7:00 PM (except January 1st which follows a Sunday Mass schedule)
The Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturday: 4:15-5:15 PM or by appointment
Daily Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Saint Joseph Chapel
Monday - Saturday: 8:00 AM–8:00 PM
Sunday: 12:30 PM–8:00 PM
Included is this week's winnings. The jackpot prize for the next drawing is $13,000!
Annual Winter Luau Dinner and Dance
February 4 (Sat) from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Doors open at 6:45 PM
Tickets on sale now $30/person at the Rectory or via: https://form.jotform.com/230085450675153
***** OTHER NEWS *****
Fab Lab February Events!
Superhero Robots: February 4, 2023, 12:30 - 3:00pm
Fabrication Frenzy, February 25, 2023, 9:00 - 11:30am
Lego Robotics, February 25, 2023, 12:30 - 3:00pm
For the details on all upcoming events,
go to our website: www.BucksIU.org/FabLab/Events
Fab Lab Center Summer Camp Registration Now Open!
9 Different Weeks of Exciting, Interactive Camps!
Every Week is a Different Theme - Register for 1, 2, 5, or all of them!
Fab Lab Center Summer Camp will engage kids in interactive, challenging, FABulous activities designed to bring tons of smiles. Using games, exhibitions, and competitions, children will use their creativity and curiosity to imagine, explore, design, and create! Each day includes theme-scheduled projects, open/free Fab Lab time, movement breaks, snack times, lunch, and FUN!
- Who Should Attend: Children entering grades 1 through 7 in the Fall of 2023
- Dates and Times: Camps begin June 19 and run through August 25 (no camp the week of July 4th).
- Days/ Hours: Camp is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm [Full Day camp options offer 3 or 5 days a week. Mornings only (8:00 am-12:00 pm) option offers 5 days a week]
- Before/After Care: Fab Lab Explorers is available as an add-on through the camp registration process and provided from 7:00-8:00 am and/or 4:00-5:30 pm.
- Location: Fab Lab Center, One lvybrook Blvd., Suite 150, Warminster PA 18974
Click Here for ALL the Summer Camp Options, Details, Costs and REGISTRATION
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL - $50 Off All Registrations
Register on or before March 5, 2023
(discount is automatically applied at check-out!)