Blair Oaks High School - September 13, 2019
Blair Oaks High School students hosted a remembrance ceremony to recall the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks that took the lives of nearly 3,000 people and to make sure those events and lost lives are not forgotten. In addition to the flags placed in the ground, a wreath to recognize the loss of first responders was placed on a stand next to a large sign featuring a silhouette against the backdrop of an American flag with the words "Blair Oaks Remembers" painted on it.
Photo courtesy of Julie Smith/News Tribune
Football Game Broadcast - Sept. 13th
Prepcasts will be broadcasting the football game between Blair Oaks and Boonville on Friday, 9/13/2019, beginning at 6:45 p.m. Join David Strawhun and Jim Ray Kluck as they have the call on the Boonville Sports Network.
Prepcasts football game link:
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 2
- English 1
- English 2
Please note that Biology and Physical Science reports will not be available until at least mid-October. No scores will be given for the Government EOC since it was a field test last year.
Character Students of the Month
Blair Oaks Softball Reunion - Sept. 14th
- Date: Saturday, September 14th
- Time: 12:00 p.m. softball game, followed by alumni introductions
- Who: Blair Oaks Lady Falcons vs. Troy Trojans
- Where: Blair Oaks Sports Complex
- What: Softball Reunion Flyer
Blair Oaks softball is having a reunion on Saturday, September 14th, celebrating 45 years of Blair Oaks Softball. There will be a Blair Oaks High School softball game against Troy at noon, followed by alumni introductions. If you are a softball alum, or know of any softball alumni, please spread the word. We would love to see you in the stands for the noon game and then be recognized after the game. There will also be an alumni slow-pitch softball game following the introductions. Free admission to the game for alumni & family as well as a meal will be provided!
Honor Our Heroes Game - Sept. 17th
- Date: Tuesday, September 17th
- Time: 5:00 p.m. - JV Softball Game
- Time: 6:15 p.m. - Honor Our Heroes
- Time: 6:30 p.m. - Varsity Softball Game
- Who: Blair Oaks Lady Falcons vs. Helias Lady Crusaders
- Where: Blair Oaks Sports Complex
- What: Honor Our Heroes Softball Game Flyer
Mid-America Bank sponsors the night and does much of the planning for the game. They also provide the jerseys for the Blair Oaks and Helias softball players. We are very grateful to Mid-America Bank for this special event. Please invite any military family members and friends. Veterans and Active Military members enjoy FREE admission and recognition.
Capital Area Regional College Fair
- Date: September 24, 2019
- Workshops begin at 5:30 p.m.
- College booths open 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Other sessions being offered:
- Planning for College Workshop ~ 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- How to Maximize your College Fair Visit ~ 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Financial Aid Workshop ~ 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Volleyball Autism Fundraiser - Sept. 19th
- Date: Thursday, September 19th
- Time: Games begin at 5:00 p.m.
- Who: Blair Oaks vs. California Volleyball
- Where: Blair Oaks High School Gym
- What: Volleyball benefit night for Central MO Autism Project
Central Bank's Tailgate Night - Sept. 27th
- Date: Friday, September 27th
- Time: Gates open at 5:00 p.m., game starts at 7:00 p.m.
- Who: Blair Oaks vs. Eldon Football
- Where: Blair Oaks Athletic Complex
- What: Central Bank's Football Tailgate Nights
Tailgate at the Blair Oaks vs. Eldon football game on Friday, September 27th. Come early and come hungry! Paid attendees will receive a free T-shirt and free quarter-pound hot dogs, Hy-Vee chips and Coke and/or Pepsi products. Fans will need to arrive early while supplies last.
This is the thirteenth consecutive year Central Bank has supported area schools with a tailgate party; they have given away over 63,000 t-shirts and too many hot dogs to count.
Pink Out in conjunction with CheerFair - Oct. 25th
Blair Oaks Cheerleaders are hosting a "PINK OUT" in conjunction with CheerFair on October 25th at the Blair Oaks vs. California football game. The theme for this year's CheerFair is "REAL FALCONS WEAR PINK - FIGHTING TOGETHER". Everyone is invited to order a pink t-shirt to show support for the "Pink Out". We hope to fill our halls and stadium with PINK to show support for family and friends who are battling cancer. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the shirts will go to help fight cancer.
- Place your shirt order and/or enroll in CheerFair here:
- T-shirt order deadline is Wednesday, October 2nd.
Fall Sports Senior Night Schedule
- Softball Senior Night
10/1/2019 - Softball - Blair Oaks v. California
- Volleyball Senior Night
10/22/2019 - Volleyball - Blair Oaks v. Jefferson City
- Football, Band, Cheer, Dance, Cross Country, and Girl's Golf Senior Night
10/25/2019 - Football - Blair Oaks v. California
FLCN News Network
School Picture Day Volunteers
Mark your calendars!
- 14 - Blair Oaks Softball Reunion, 12:00 p.m.
- 17 - Honor Our Heroes Softball Game, 5:00 p.m.
- 19 - Volleyball Autism Fundraiser, 5:00 p.m.
- 24 - Capital Area Regional College Fair
- 27 - Central Bank's Football Tailgate Night, 7:00 p.m.
- 1 - Softball Senior Night
- 2 - Financial Aid Night, 6:00 p.m.
- 3 - Early Release, 12:30 p.m.
- 9 - College Application Night, 6:00 p.m.
- 11 - End of 1st Quarter
- 11 - Homecoming parade and game
- 12 - Homecoming dance
- 17 - Early Release, 12:30 p.m.
- 17 - Blood Drive at Blair Oaks
- 17 - Parent-Teacher Conferences, 1:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- 18 - No School
- 22 - Volleyball Senior Night
- 25 - Football, Band, Cheer, Dance, Cross Country, and Girls Golf Senior Night
- 25 - Football CheerFair
FLCN News Network Announcements:
Blair Oaks High School
Providing a quality education and empowering lifelong learners
We envision soaring to new heights through:
Leadership and Service