We Are... Room 304!
Miss Anderson's Weekly Scoop
December 14-18, 2015
December 2nd-19th ~
- Fuzzy Puppy Foundation Collection
- Hanukkah Ends
- Science Quiz (Lessons 4-6)
- Happy 1/2 Birthday Isaiah L.!
- Gingerbread Math Activity @ 1:45-3:00 PM - Please click the link below to sign up to volunteer or donate gingerbread house materials for the "Candy Shack." If you are sending in materials, please send all "Candy Shack" items in by FRIDAY!
- Holiday Sing Along
- Orchestra & Band Winter Concert for Their Parents Only - 2:00 PM
- Buddy Activity with Mrs. Maiese's 1st Grade Friends
- Classroom Reward
- Winter Party @ 2:00 PM - Please click the link below to sign-up to volunteer. We are in need of two more volunteers! Party volunteers may set-up at 1:30 PM.
We Earned Our Class Reward!
A few quick things about this week...
Throughout the week students will be focused on making appropriate predictions. Students will also be reviewing using skills and strategies such as recall and retell to help monitor their understanding of what is read. We will continue to find text evidence to support our thinking and use it to support our answers as we respond to text-dependent questions.
Ask me about: What do you think will happen as you continue to read? What predictions can you make based on what you read? Can you tell me what you read by giving me a short summary? Did you need to use any fix-up strategies while you were reading? If so, what did you do? What text-evidence supports your thinking? Why are you thinking...?
Writing & Spelling
This week, students will be reading and analyzing the style of the book, The Day the Crayons Quit to learn how writers enhance their style while writing. Students will be working together to create their own version of the story based on a box of colored pencils. Students will work together to publish their story and create a movie with narration as their published piece.
Ask me about: How do good writers enhance their writing style? What is your story about? How do authors publish their stories as movies?
Spelling Homework - pgs. 70-71 due Thursday, Unit #11 quiz Friday
*Each week's spelling list will be posted on our class website!
Ask me about: How do you estimate sums? How do you estimate products? What is the FOIL method? How do you play "Multiplication Wrestling"? Can you show me how to use partial-products to multiply multi-digit numbers?
Science ~ Matter
Ask me about: Does changing the shape of a solid change its volume? Does changing the container of a liquid change the liquid's weight? How can we show that air takes up space? What is density?