By: Jacob Odea
Uranus is the 7th planet from the Sun and is 1,787,000,000 miles from Earth. Uranus takes 84 years to orbit the sun. Uranus has an unusual orbit. It takes 17 hours and 14 minutes to rotate once on its axis. Uranus is a pale blue. The tilt on its axis is special.
Uranus is the 3rd biggest planet. Uranus has 27 Moons. Uranus' rings are very hard to see and are very thin.
Uranus is a gas planet. Also a hundred pound person on uranus would weigh 90 pounds. Uranus has a thick atmosphere. And Uranus' tempeture is -335 degrees F
Uranus was discovered on march 13th by a man named William Herschel. The fact that it was the first planet discovered is interesting.
Ten Facts about Uranus
- After Saturn a space-craft have to travel 1,500,000,000 Kl to reach Uranus, this means the planet twice the distance from the sun than Saturn is.
- Uranus orbits the sun.
- Voyager 2 was the first man made object to reach Uranus.
- Uranus' pale blue color is caused by the methane in its atmosphere.
- If we were able to see Uranus' moons orbit Uranus the planet would go over and under the planet like the lights on a ferris wheel.
- you can only see Uranus' rings with a scientific equipment.
- Uranus has 27 moons.
- a day on Uranus is a few hours less than earth.
- Uranus was the first planet discovered besides earth.
- Uranus has a unique tilt.
If you went to Uranus you would sink through the earths upper atmosphere.
When Uranus was discovered people wanted to call it dumbbell.
You could do absolutely nothing on Uranus.