- Capable of growing crops on a large scale.
- Makes plants which are resistant to pests and herbicides.
- Can replant crops without having to let land fallow.
- Farmers can grow and export cash crops for profit.
- Provided relief for areas of famine.
Three Basic Elements
- Continued expansion of farming areas
- Double-cropping existing farmland
- Using seeds with improved genetics
- India became one of the world's biggest agricultural producers.
- Yield per unit of farmland improved.
- An increase in industrial growth, created jobs and improved the quality of life.
- India changed from a starving nation to an exporter of food.
- India has become one of the world's biggest agricultural producers.
Norman Borlaug & The Green Revolution