I'm grateful for the beautiful weather we are experiencing. Unfortunately, this long, dry weekend provided the opportunity for an arborist to remove the large cedar tree that was in the front of the Marysville School Building. It had been slowly dying for years and was recently determined to be a risk. We will be looking for something new to add to the beauty and health of our school campus. We welcome suggestions and thoughts.
This week will be the 6th full week of school. Originally, the district had stated that we would be eating outside for at least six weeks. We sill continue to eat outside at Marysville as long as the weather permits.
The updated lunch plan:
- Eat outside if temperatures are above 50 degrees and it is not raining heavily
- Eat inside in individual classroom cohorts, spaced more than 6 feet apart in the hallways outside of the classroom, if the weather outside is below 50 degrees and or heavily raining.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
- Monday October 11th - Indigenous People's Day
- Friday October 14th - Marysville Fun Run
- Tuesday October 19th - School Picture Day
- Thursday October 21st - Great Shakeout Earthquake Drill
- Monday and Tuesday November 22nd and 23rd - Parent teacher conferences - schedule appointment with your classroom teacher
OHSU Screening Test kits Update
- For the students that have turned in opt in forms, the anticipated start date is Thursday 10/14
- Test kits will be sent home with the students on Wednesday 10/13.
- We will send reminder information emails to the families participating, reviewing how to take the sample and process for returning the samples on Thursday morning.
- Please reach out to me with any questions.
- OHSU has a webpage explaining the K-12 COVID-19 Screening Program
- OHSU family support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to everyone that has offered to volunteer for lunch help, the Fun Run and Picture Day.
We appreciate it and helps is to ensure that these activities are safe and efficient.