UNC Men's Basketball Fan Guide
Fri, Oct 24 Fayetteville State (exhibition) Chapel Hill, N.C. 7:30 PM
GoHeels TV111 - 58(W)
Fri, Nov 07 Belmont Abbey (exhibition) Chapel Hill, N.C. 7:30 PM
Fri, Nov 14 NC Central Chapel Hill, N.C. 8:00 PM
Battle 4 Atlantis
Sun, Nov 16 Robert Morris Chapel Hill, N.C. 6:00 PM
Sat, Nov 22 Davidson Charlotte, N.C. 2:00 PM
Battle 4 Atlantis
Wed, Nov 26 Butler Paradise Island, Bahamas 12:00 PM ESPN2
Thu, Nov 27 Oklahoma or UCLA Paradise Island, Bahamas TBATBA
Fri, Nov 28 UAB, Florida Georgetown or Wisconsin Paradise Island, Bahamas TBATBA
ACC/Big Ten Challenge
Wed, Dec 03 Iowa Chapel Hill, N.C. 7:30 PM
Sun, Dec 07 East Carolina Chapel Hill, N.C. 3:00 PM
Sat, Dec 13 Kentucky @ Lexington, Ky. 12:00 PM
Tue, Dec 16 UNC Gat Greensboro, N.C. 7:00 PM
CBS Sports Classic
Sat, Dec 20 Ohio State Chicago, Ill.1:00 PM
Sat, Dec 27 UAB Chapel Hill, N.C.4:00 PM
Tue, Dec 30 William & Mary Chapel Hill, N.C.TBA
Sat, Jan 03 Clemson *at Clemson, S.C.TBA
Mon, Jan 05 Notre Dame *Chapel Hill, N.C.7:00 PM
Sat, Jan 10 Louisville *Chapel Hill, N.C.2:00 PM
Wed, Jan 14NC State *at Raleigh, N.C.7:00 PM
Sun, Jan 18Virginia Tech *Chapel Hill, N.C.6:30 PM
Wed, Jan 21Wake Forest *at Winston-Salem, N.C.7:00 PM
Sat, Jan 24Florida State *Chapel Hill, N.C.2:00 PM
Mon, Jan 26Syracuse *Chapel Hill, N.C.7:00 PM
Sat, Jan 31Louisville *at Louisville, Ky.TBA
Mon, Feb 02Virginia *Chapel Hill, N.C.7:00 PM
Sat, Feb 07Boston College *at Chestnut Hill, Mass.3:00 PM
Sat, Feb 14Pitt *at Pittsburgh, Pa.12:00 PM
Wed, Feb 18Duke *at Durham, N.C.9:00 PM
Sat, Feb 21Georgia Tech *Chapel Hill, N.C.12:00 PM
Tue, Feb 24NC State *Chapel Hill, N.C.8:00 PM
Sat, Feb 28Miami *at Coral Gables, Fla.2:00 PM
Tue, Mar 03Georgia Tech *at Atlanta, Ga.7:00 PM
Sat, Mar 07Duke *Chapel Hill, N.C.TBA
Local Hotel Rooms
Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Carrboro/Chapel Hill
370 East Main Street, Unit 100
Carrboro, NC 27510
Hampton Inn & Suites Chapel Hill/Durham
6121 Farrington Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Holiday Inn Express
6119 Farrington Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Quality Inn Chapel Hill
1740 Fordham Boulevard
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
The Siena Hotel
1505 East Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Tel (919) 929-4000
Fax (919) 968-8527
Reservations (800) 223-7379
The Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel
One Europa Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Tel: (919) 968-4900
Fax: (919) 968-3520
Courtyard by Marriott
100 Marriott Way
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
PH: (919) 883-0700
The Only Hotel On Downtown Franklin Street
The Franklin Hotel
311 West Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
866-831-5999 (toll free)
All guests receive:
- Complimentary hot, cooked to order breakfast
- Complimentary garaged parking on site
- Complimentary in-town car service
- Complimentary wi-fi Internet
Hilton Garden Inn Durham Southpoint Hotel
7007 Fayetteville Road
Durham, NC 27713
Residence Inn by Mariott Chapel Hill Hotel
101 Erwin Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
The Carolina Inn
211 Pittsboro Street
- Located on the Campus of UNC Chapel Hill
- Renovated Guestrooms and Fitness Center
- Complimentary Local Transporation within a 5 mile Radius
- 24 Hour Business Center and Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Full Concierge Services
Comfort Inn University
3508 Mt. Moriah Rd
Durham, NC 27707
Aloft Chapel Hill
1001 South Hamilton Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Phone: (919) 932-7772
Jackson Deck ($10)– Features 600+ spaces next to the Physician’s Office Building off Mason Farm Road and East Drive of the UNC Campus and on the corner of East Drive and Manning Drive (170 Manning Drive is the address for Physicians Office Building).
Cardinal Deck ($10)– Features 1000+ spaces located on the corner of Manning and West Drives and next to the Lineberger Cancer Research Building at 450 West Drive, UNC Chapel Hill. (not the treatment center).
Navy Field Lot ($10)– Features 50 spaces when not otherwise reserved. They are located next to the UNC Law School at 160 Ridge Road UNC Campus.
Boshamer Lots ($10)– Features 120 spaces when not otherwise reserved for other sporting events. It is located off Ridge Road next to Bryson Field at Boshamer Stadium.
Policies & Services
NO SMOKING: For the health and comfort of others, smoking is not permitted in the Smith Center at any time.
ALCOHOL AND WEAPONS: Bringing intoxicating beverages and/or weapons into the Smith Center at any time is prohibited.
CAMERA/VIDEO EQUIPMENT: Video cameras, audio equipment and cameras with professional lenses larger than 55mm are prohibited at all times. Small point-and-shoot cameras and cameras with lens in the range of 50-55mm are allowed at Carolina basketball games. Flash photography is not allowed. Some non-basketball events allow cameras, so please call 919-962-7777 to see if your event applies. NO LASER POINTERS.
ANNOUNCEMENTS: PA announcements will be used only in the event of emergencies. Contact an event operations staff member with your needs.
USHERS: Ushers will be located at each entrance to the reserved seating area to assist you with your seating or with any other needs.
FOOD/CONCESSIONS: Concession stands are located around the concourse and offer a wide variety of snacks, hot foods and beverages. Alcohol is neither sold nor permitted in the Smith Center.
GAME DAY PROGRAMS: Programs are sold at kiosks located at each Entrance and at various other locations along the concourse during the game.
RESTROOMS: Four restrooms each for men and women are located on the concourse level of the arena.
POLICE: UNC Police is onsite from the time the doors open until the event has ended. Please contact event security or usher if you need assistance.
FIRST AID: First aid is located at Entrance C. South Orange Rescue Squad units are on duty at each event.
LOST AND FOUND: Lost and Found is located at Entrance B during the event. After an event is over, found items will be turned over to the UNC Public Safety Department the following day.
ATM: ATMs are now available on the concourse at Entrance A and C. The Smith Center is not responsible for any transactions.
PARENT WAITING ROOM: For select Smith Center events, a Parents Waiting Room in the Memorabilia Room is available for parents to wait in while their children enjoy an event. Please call in advance to see if your event applies.
Accessible (ADA) Seating and Parking
For patrons with disabilities or chronic medical conditions, the Dean E. Smith Center provides accommodations including accessible seating, auxiliary aids and services and accessible restrooms that will allow for an enjoyable game day experience. Accessible seating is made available at the Dean E. Smith Center in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
If you have a disability or chronic medical condition and you wish to request accommodations, please complete the Accessibility Request Form to request an accommodation. You may also contact the UNC Ticket Office at email@example.com or 919-962-2296. Early requests are encouraged. Depending on your particular needs, two weeks' notice will generally allow us to make every effort to accommodate your request.
All entrances at the Dean E. Smith Center are accessible for guests with disabilities. All guests should enter the arena through Entrances A, B, or D. Students enter exclusively through Entrance C.
Assistive Listening Devices/Hearing Impaired
Assistive Listening Devices are available at no charge. A driver's license, credit card or some other acceptable form of picture identification is required as a deposit.
Disability Parking is available on a first-come, first serve basis in the Rams Head parking deck on Ridge Road. Bus transportation to the Smith Center from the designated disability parking area is available before events. For safety reasons, transportation to the parking area after an event is available approximately 30 minutes following the conclusion of the event.
For more information on accessible parking, please visit the UNC Department of Public Safety's website.
Accessible restrooms are located on the concourse level in the Smith Center.
Accessible seating is located on the concourse level in the Smith Center.
Trained guide dogs or service animals assisting guests with disabilities are permitted inside the Smith Center. Guests requesting this accommodation are encouraged to complete the Accessibility Request Form in advance of the event.
1. Guests requiring accessible seating should complete the Accessibility Request Form in advance of the event to request accessible seating. Once a guest has completed the Accessibility Request Form, he or she may exchange a standard admission ticket for an accessible seat ticket.
2. Given the excitement and crowds on game day, guests with a standard admission ticket who need accessible seating are encouraged to make the exchange in advance of the game if possible. Advanced exchanges can be made by completing the Accessibility Request Form or at the UNC Ticket Office, located at 450 Skipper Bowles Drive, on the ground floor of the Ernie Williamson Athletic Center.
3. If guests requiring accessible seating cannot make the exchange in person in advance of the game, a limited number of accessible seats may be available at Entrance B beginning 90 minutes prior to tipoff. Guest should make the supervisor at Entrance B aware of their need for an accessible seat.
Guests needing assistance while in the Smith Center for an event should contact the nearest supervisor or the relocation attendant at Gate B.
UNC Men's Basketball - 2014-15 Roster
No.NamePos.Ht.Wt.Yr.Hometown (Prev School)
0 Britt, NateG6-1170So.Upper Marlboro, Md. (Oak HIll Academy (Va.)/Gonzaga College HS (Washington DC))
1 Pinson, TheoF/G6-6195Fr.Greensboro, N.C. (Wesleyan Christian Academy)
2 Berry II, JoelG6-0195Fr.Apopka, Fla. (Lake Highland Preparatory)
3 Meeks, KennedyF6-9270So.Charlotte, N.C. (West Charlotte)
4 Davis, LukeG6-0178Sr.Raleigh, N.C. (Ravenscroft)
5 Paige, MarcusG6-1175Jr.Marion, Iowa (Linn-Mar)
11 Johnson, BriceF6-9228Jr.Orangeburg, S.C. (Edisto)
13 Tokoto, J.P.F6-6200Jr.Menomonee Falls, Wisc. (Menomonee Falls)
14 Hubert, DesmondF6-10225Sr.Cream Ridge, N.J. (New Egypt)
21 Simmons, JacksonF6-7225Sr.Webster, N.C. (Smoky Mountain)
22 Hicks, IsaiahF6-8230So.Oxford, N.C. (J.F. Webb)
24 Seymore, SashaF6-6220Sr.New Bern, N.C. (New Bern)
25 Coleman, JustinG6-2180Jr.Raleigh, N.C. (Broughton)
42 James, JoelF6-10280Jr.West Palm Beach, Fla. (Dwyer)
44 Jackson, JustinF/G6-8193Fr.Tomball, Texas (Home School Christian Youth Association)
45 White, StilmanG6-0170So.Wilmington, N.C. (Hoggard)
UNC Men's Basketball - 2014-15 Coaches
Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
Director of Basketball Operations
Assistant to the Athletic Director & Director of Player Development
UNC Athletics Autograph Request Policy
CHAPEL HILL - University of North Carolina student-athletes and coaches are pleased to sign autographs for Carolina fans of all ages. However, due to several factors, including NCAA legislation and compliance issues, the increased unauthorized use and sale of autographed items, and the volume of requests, the athletic department has followed suit of many other universities across the country and instituted guidelines for obtaining autographs.
• Coaches and student-athletes will continue to sign autographs at games, team events, Meet the Tar Heels events, Fan Appreciation Days, etc. Items signed on these occasions should be personalized (signed specifically to the name of the person requesting the autograph or the name of the person for whom the requestor is getting the autograph).
• Several teams have an additional limited number of autographed items available for personal use or for a charitable organization. They may be obtained by filling out the following form (link). Please note that these are the only items available through these respective teams.
• The funds raised through autographs from the men's and women's basketball and football teams, including those items signed by coaches Roy Williams, Sylvia Hatchell and Larry Fedora, will be donated after expenses to local charities chosen by the respective teams. Past recipients of the funds include the North Carolina Children's Hospital, the UNC Lineberger Cancer Center, the Ronald McDonald House, the Inter-Faith Community Center and the UNC General Scholarship Fund.
• UNC's baseball, men's soccer and women's soccer teams also have a limited number of autographed balls available. The funds raised supplement the teams' operating budgets.
• These items are limited in number and available on a first-come, first-served basis. One autograph request per sport per year is permitted (except where specifically noted); receipt of an item for a charitable purpose in no way guarantees subsequent donations by UNC Athletics.
• All requests - for personal use and for charitable organizations - will be screened by the Department of Athletics Compliance staff. Requests not permitted by NCAA legislation will be returned.
• Autographed items cannot be sold or used for fundraising efforts that directly or indirectly benefit students in grades 9-12, prep school or 2-year college prospective student-athletes. Autographed items cannot be provided to a high school, high school coach or staff member. Autographed items cannot be provided to a high school student-athlete or the parents/relatives of a high school student-athlete. Autographed items cannot be provided to a high school booster club.
• UNC Athletics will not fulfill requests for autographs of individual student-athletes for personal or charitable use.
• Because of NCAA compliance issues, we ask that fans please do not send items to UNC Athletics to be autographed by either coaches or student-athletes. Items to be autographed may no longer be accepted by the respective coaches' offices, the Rams Club, ticket office, etc.
• UNC Athletics reserves the right to request the return of any item that may appear for sale or is being used in any way that may be considered an NCAA violation.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING AUTOGRAPH REQUESTS
• If you wish to obtain an autographed item, you may do so by using the order form that is available at the bottom of this page. A complete list of items and the specific charitable amounts for which these items are available are included on the form. These items include:
• team photo with pre-printed signatures
• Roy Williams autographed photo
• Roy Williams autographed basketball (charitable organizations only) (sold out for 2011-12)
• Basketball autographed by the coaches and student-athletes (sold out for 2011-12)
Dean E. Smith Center
The Smith Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. except on event days and during basketball practices. Guided tours are not provided but visitors are allowed on the concourse level only and may view the banners and playing court from the seating area. Visitors are not to access the court level at any time.
As the Smith Center hours may change periodically due to the event schedule, please plan ahead and call the Smith Center Administrative Office at 919-962-7777 no earlier than one month prior to visiting to make sure the building will be open. The Smith Center closes annually in late July through August for yearly maintenance.
The Carolina Basketball Museum in the adjacent Ernie Williamson Athletics Center is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please check the museum website for hours on football and basketball game days.
Admission to both the Smith Center and the Carolina Basketball Museum is free.
Location: 300 Skipper Bowles Dr., Chapel Hill, NC 27514.
Carolina basketball plays its home games at the Smith Center, one of the most recognized athletic venues in America. The Smith Center became the home of the Tar Heels in 1986 and has since become a cherished traditional symbol of Carolina basketball.
The Tar Heels have been in the top five in the national attendance leaders every year but one since the Smith Center hosted its first full season in 1986-87.
The first game in the Smith Center featured No. 1 Carolina defeating No. 3 Duke, 95-92, in a battle of unbeaten teams on Jan. 18, 1986. The first Tar Heel basket was scored by Carolina center Warren Martin off a pass from Kenny Smith.
The Tar Heels have a 143-18 record in the Smith Center in Roy Williams’ nine years as head coach. Dean Smith led the Tar Heels to a 133-17 record (.887) in the building that bears his name.
The Smith Center has undergone a number of improvements to keep it on the cutting edge of basketball arenas. The building has added a new ribbon board surrounding the court for the 2012-13 season.
The men’s basketball offices were completely renovated and expanded in 2010, while the team’s varsity hallway also received a facelift.
The arena’s lights and sound system were replaced and the training, weight and equipment rooms were expanded and renovated for 2009-10. A hydrotherapy room was added for the 2008-09 season.
In January 2008, the Carolina Basketball Museum opened in the new Williamson Athletics Center, adjacent to the Koury Natatorium. For photos and information about the museum, see GoHeels.com/Museum.
In 2006-07, the seats in the lower level and upper level ring were replaced. The playing floor was completely refinished and refurbished for the 2007-08 campaign.
Four high-resolution video boards were installed for the 2005-06 season. The boards measure 17.8 feet x 23.6 feet. At the same time, two 50-foot ribbon boards were added to the fascia around the upper level and a 40-foot video board was added to the front of the scorer’s table.
In 2000-01, a standing-room-only section reserved for students opened on the baseline closest to the Carolina bench. The Rams Club funded a $150,000 renovation that allowed approximately 400 students to move courtside.
In May 1980, the Department of Athletics, in conjunction with the Educational Foundation, embarked on a mission to raise millions of dollars from private donations to construct an arena. The real inspiration for the fund-raising effort came from the campaign chairman, the late Hargrove “Skipper” Bowles.
Six years, 2,362 donors and over $34 million later, the premiere basketball arena in America became a reality. Dedicated in September 1986 as the Dean Edwards Smith Center, the 300,000-square-foot structure stands on seven and one-half acres of the University’s south campus. Over 20,000 cubic yards of rock were removed to make room for the 340-foot-wide, 380-foot-long and 140-foot-high building.
FROM VIRGINIA AND POINTS NORTH:
Take I-85 South to Durham, NC. Exit left at US 15-501 in Durham and follow 15-501 approximately 9 miles to Chapel Hill. Once in Chapel Hill, maintain US 15-501 Bypass (Fordham Boulevard). At around the 7th stoplight, turn right onto Manning Drive. The Smith Center is one-half mile on the left on Skipper Bowles Drive.
FROM POINTS WEST:
Take I-85 North towards Durham. Exit just past Burlington onto NC 54 East (Exit #148, Chapel Hill Exit). Follow NC 54 for approximately 20 miles to Carrboro. Pass Carrboro Plaza on the right and stay on NC 54 for about 4 miles to the next stoplight, Manning Drive. Turn left on Manning Drive. The Smith Center is one-half mile on the left on Skipper Bowles Drive.
FROM POINTS EAST:
Take I-40 West toward Chapel Hill. Exit at NC 54 West (Exit #273 A) and follow for approximately 4 miles. Once in Chapel Hill, continue to follow signs for NC 54 West, which means you will have to exit right under first overpass. At the top of the exit turn right at light. Follow NC 54 West/15-501South until the 2nd stoplight. Turn right onto Manning Drive. The Smith Center is one-half mile on the left on Skipper Bowles Drive.
FROM POINTS SOUTH:
Take US 15-50 North toward Chapel Hill. Exit right onto US 15-501 Bypass in Chapel Hill. Turn left at first stoplight onto Manning Drive. The Smith Center is one-half mile on the left on Skipper Bowles Drive.
UNC Apparel & Merhandise from the Official North Carolina Tar Heels Online Store
Shop the largest selection of UNC Merchandise at the Official Online Store of the Tar Heels. Buy officially licensed North Carolina Tar Heels Apparel for fans, featuring UNC T-Shirts, Jerseys, Sweatshirts and Hats. Our UNC Gear features sportswear for any occasion. Find a great selection of North Carolina Tar Heels Clothing and UNC-Chapel Hill gifts and take advantage of our fast flat rate shipping on any size order from the only Official UNC Store.
It's football season, North Carolina fans! Cheer your Tar Heels on to a great season with any of the UNC Football Gear we now have available!
University of North Carolina Online Ticket Office
At this site you will be able to purchase and renew season tickets to University of North Carolina events using your major credit cards.
College Major: Business Administration
Career Aspirations: My career aspirations are to find a stimulating and challenging position which builds on my university skills and knowledge, as well as professional experience.
Activities: Tennis and Basketball