Notre Dame News
O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever. (1 Chronicles 16.34)
October 8: PD Day - No school for students
October 11: Thanksgiving - No school
- Students ... please remember to bring your own masks each day. We are providing disposal masks to those students who forget, but our supplies are limited and we are noticing several students are requesting masks daily. Thank you for your help!
Thursday, October 14th
- JV Volleyball - NDHS @ LTCHS - Boys game starts at 6:00pm - Girls game to follow
- Lindsay Thurber Livestreams their games
Friday, October 15th
- SR Football - ND vs HHHS - 7:30 pm Kick Off
- Will have some tickets available Thursday / Friday to hand out to any students that may like to attend
It's the perfect graduation present - or just a nice gift for making it through another year of school. Visit: www.eftours.ca/2418125vf
See Mr. Unland for more details (room 2103).
If you (or your graduated siblings) still have books checked out from last school year please return them to the Learning Commons as soon as possible. You will be unable to check out any new materials until those items are returned. Ms. Dinan thanks you in advance!
- Tuesday - Tech Tuesday
- Wednesday - D & D Club
- Friday - Board Game Cafe
Out of Province College & University Fair
To register: https://www.albertaoop.com/virtual-oop-fairs-2021
Mini Post Secondary Fair
- MacEwan University
- Lethbridge College
- Medicine Hat College
- University of Lethbridge
- University of Calgary
This event will take place from 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm in the Learning Commons. In order to manage numbers and maintain distance, SIGN UP IS REQUIRED. Students in all grades are welcome to participate. Please sign up using the Google Sheet below.
Alberta College & University Fair
28 Alberta post-secondary institutions including Colleges, Universities, Technical Institutions, the RCMP, and Canadian Forces will be in attendance. In this virtual booth fair, you can inquire about programs, admission requirements, scholarships, housing, and much more!
To register, please visit: https://elaa-launch.6connex.us/event/VirtualELAA/student/register
University of Calgary “In Person” Application Appointments
Please book your appointment time now!
Please contact Ms. Halter if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Submitting your Application to the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta has over 200 undergraduate program options, $34 million in scholarships and awards, 450+ student groups and clubs, award-winning teachers and researchers, and an amazing student body!
This information session will give students an opportunity to learn more about programs, campus life, admission requirements, and upcoming events for prospective students.
Join online and learn how to submit an application for admission to U of A! This session will begin with a short presentation and will be followed by a Q & A with a UAlberta Advisor.
- Monday, September 27: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 29: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 6: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 7: 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
To register, click: https://www.ualberta.ca/admissions/undergraduate/tours-and-events/index.html
University of Alberta Info Session - For Notre Dame Students Only!
Horatio Alger Scholarship Program - Grade 11 Students
Loran Scholars Award
- Be in your final year of uninterrupted full-time studies in high school.
- Present a minimum cumulative average of 85%.
- Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Be at least 16 years of age by September 1st of the following year.
Students who graduated in 2021 and are currently taking a gap year are also eligible to apply.
Ten Peaks Virtual Student Conference
You are invited to register for a free, virtual conference - 10 Peaks Innovation Xchange (10PIX) on Wednesday, October 20th.
10PIX is a free, one day, virtual conference connecting Alberta high school (grade 9 – 12) students and teachers with industry, government, education, non-government organizations and the scientific community to help students learn about around energy, environment and climate – and related jobs and careers.
This year’s conference theme is Our Energy Transition. The program has 5 concurrent tracks: Carbon and Climate, Alternative Energy, Environment Thought Leaders, Inspiring Innovation, and Transforming Technology.
Keynote Speakers and related speaking topics are:
- Susannah Pierce - Shell Canada President and country chair GM, renewables and energy solutions - Shell's Energy Transition Strategy
- Peter Tertzakian, creator Energyphile
- Chelsea Donelon, Senior policy advisor, Climate policy and Technology, TransAlta - Carving a Career in Climate
- David Dodge - Producer at greenenergyfutures.ca - Insights into the AB Clean Energy Revolution
- Adrita Haque - Election node chair at Calgary Climate Hub - Making Individual Actions Count in the Energy Transition
There will also be a lunch time speaker sponsored by CAOEC, Kevin Krausert, President and CEO, Avatar Innovations - Energy: The Apollo Project of our Time
Avatar is partnering with the University of Calgary and XPRIZE who partnered with Elon Musk and the Musk Foundation for a XPRIZE competition - the Avatar Carbon Removal Accelerator.
Check out our 36+ speaker list, program and FAQ on Ten Peaks’ registration page. 10PIX Registration
Please register soon! Registration closes on October 8, and is limited to the first 10,000 registrants. Please note that students and teachers must register using their school domain email address.
Follow Ten Peaks using the following:
Tik Tok: @tenpeaks_ab