Eastlake Middle School 4.30.18
The Week at a Glance
We are about to hit our stride as we welcome essentially the final month of the school year. It has been a fairly busy last two weeks as we are in testing mode and preparing for promotion and the new master schedule. We are also working on our systems presentations that was born from the action teams. Hang in there and finish strong! Few reminders for the week:
1. We are meeting with Union reps and Department chairs this week to discuss the master schedule. We have been diligently working on it. We have a rough estimate of needs. We are still growing, so every can and will probably change a little bit.
2. After meeting with union representations and district officials, we will be offering both 7th and 8th grade teachers the opportunity to work promotion. If you sign up for promotion duties, you will be released at 1:00 on Monday and Tuesday of the final week of school. All other teachers are expected to stay on campus for their regular school duty hours. We will discuss this more in May. Sign-ups are going out shortly. UPDATE: We will have to move to 1:15 release the final week, so we will adjust accordingly.
3. We have an FAC meeting on May 8th. Please make sure you check in with your FAC representatives over any concerns or suggestions.
4. Please recommend awesome 7th graders to serve as orientation leaders next year. We need your support in picking a diverse group of leaders. Make sure you fill out the recommendation sheet and give it to Molly Bulwa.
5. In May, I will be meeting with each of you individually for an "exit" interview. I want to know how your year went, what we can do to make it better and ultimately, I want to know that you are always moving toward your legacy statement.
6. HELP! The Eastlake Education Foundation is sponsoring the Cycle Eastlake event coming up in May. The Eastlake Foundation is a great source of support for our school community. We hope you consider joining the ride, sponsoring the event or volunteering. See the flyers below.
Let's make these last weeks rock and roll!