In this Beef Update newsletter, you will find:
- Hay Probes Available for Sampling
- PRF Insurance Signup Deadline is December 1
- Farm & Ranch Succession Workshop
- Nebraska 4-H Fed Steer Challenge
- 2022 BeefWatch Webinar Series
- Cattlemen's College
- Crop Residue Exchange
- Beef Quality Assurance Training
If you need assistance evaluating feed options for this winter, please don't hesitate to reach out. Take care!
PRF Insurance Signup Deadline is December 1
Pasture Rangeland Forage (PRF) insurance coverage is available on a calendar year basis with a signup deadline of December 1. For coverage in calendar year 2023, producers must sign up for PRF by December 1, 2022. At this point, many producers across the state are thinking about the impact of drought. Some may already be implementing PRF, and others may be thinking about adding it as a part of their drought risk management strategy. PRF insurance is administered by the USDA – Risk Management Agency (RMA) and is available for purchase through local crop insurance agents. Read more.
Nebraska 4-H Fed Steer Challenge
The Nebraska 4-H Fed Steer Challenge is an opportunity for youth interested in learning more about the cattle industry and is designed to cultivate the next generation of leaders in the Nebraska cattle industry. Applications are due November 18 for youth interested in participating in 2023. Visit 4h.unl.edu/fed-steer-challenge to learn more about this opportunity or to apply.
2022 BeefWatch Webinar Series
Profitability Roundtable – Ways to Reduce Costs
- November 8th at 8 p.m. Central Time
- Dr. Travis Mulliniks, West Central Research and Extension Center
- Travis will moderate a panel which will address top tips to reduce costs this winter such as evaluating available feed resources, how to navigate high commodity prices, and ways to reduce mineral and supplement costs. Register here.
Crop Residue Exchange
Monthly newsletter that provides articles on timely topics for beef cattle producers and industry personnel.