Eastwood Academy HS Newsletter - September 2021
- Enrollment Packets (required from all returning students)
- Virtual Open House
- Wraparound Resource Specialist
- Traffic Control
9th grade and new parents, don't panic; we already have packets from most of you. :) This message is for returning students in grades 10-12.
Every year all students are required to turn in updated enrollment packets. If you are a student or the parent of a student in grades 10-12 and you are NOT new to Eastwood this year, please fill out the enrollment packet and turn it in before September 10, 2021.
You may access your packet one of the following ways:
- Download the fillable PDF documents below.
- Access the files from our school website: https://www.houstonisd.org/eastwoodhs
- Pick up a paper copy from our front desk.
You may turn in your packet using ONE of the following methods:
- Mondays - English
- Tuesdays - Math
- Wednesdays - Social Studies
- Thursdays - Science
- Fridays - Wild card (any course as long as pre-scheduled with teacher)
Please note that tutorials are open to any and all students who need extra help with assignments or certain course standards. There will come time during the school year when certain students are assigned tutorials as part of a mandatory intervention effort.
Virtual Open House
Wednesday, September 15, 2021
- 5:30 - 5:50 p.m. General Session with Principal Lira
- 5:55 - 6:30 p.m. Grade Level Presentations
- 6:35 - 7:05 p.m. CTE & Electives
Wraparound Services at Eastwood
- Food services
- Mental health and wellness
- Medical health and wellness
- Housing needs
- Utility assistance
- SNAP benefits
- Much more!
If you ever need assistance with non-academic needs, please use the button link below to submit a request for services. You may also submit a request for a friend or family in need. Teachers and staff may use this form to refer students to our Wraparound Resource Specialist as well.
Ms. Demetriou can be reached by email: email@example.com, by TEAMS chat, or by calling the school 713-924-1697.
Reminder to everyone else:
Please do NOT turn left into our Leeland driveway for pick up or drop off.
I also want to send a tremendous thank you to our Eastwood leadership team for their consistent assistance with pick-up duty and traffic control!
- Officer Rendon
- Ms. D. Morales
- Mr. Kaspari
- Mr. Riley
- Ms. Demetriou
- Ms. Guajardo
- Principal Lira's Text Line: 713-351-9050
- Principal Lira's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join Eastwood Remind: send "@fgkf28" in a text to the number 81010