Mrs.Gray's LA Newsletter
Welcome Back, Bulldog Parents!
Welcome to Language Arts!
Thanks for signing up to receive email newsletters for Language Arts! Newsletters are a great way for me to keep you updated on the curriculum, homework and upcoming tests, quizzes, and project. My homework will also be posted on my school webpage, which is linked below after my introduction.
This year, we will do lots of reading, writing, speaking, and researching. We will start off the year with some team-building and get-to-know-you activities, and we will quickly more into a unit on Edgar Allan Poe! We will try to stay on track with the social studies classes with our texts to keep classes cross-cultural and support learning by repetition and expansion.
I am Jackie Gray, and this is my third year teaching at Franklin. I am so excited to get to know you and your students throughout the year, and one of my main goals as your student's teachers is to get to know you through open communication. I will start off by sharing some things about me :)
Some fun facts about me:
1) I am a leap-year baby (Turn 6 3/4 this year!)
2) I love reading non-fiction and magical realism
3) I have had about every pet you can image: rats (one was even hairless), mice, snakes, cats, dogs, lizards, turtles, etc.
4) I work in the nursery at my church
5) My husband and I are adopting from Ethiopia