Bryan County High
Week of Septebmer 20th
Thank you for helping us keep the main thing, the main thing: which are ELITE experiences and opportunities for our scholars.
This week at the high school, our AP Bio classes worked with meal worms and their environments, our Geometry classes did dilation of the Grinch's heart, and Econ worked on purchasing stocks and bonds.
We are excited about the renovations starting in our Weight Room and Baseball and Softball fields, so excuse our dust outside as we prepare for amazing new facilities thanks to our Superintendent and Board of Education. During this time, we may run into issues that we have to deal with that are outside of our control zone-- but we are so thankful that in the end, we will have new facilities.
Also, we are working hard to stop the trend of "devious licks". Scholars are taking things from offices and destroying items in the bathrooms. We are hoping with increased supervision this behavior will cease. Please help us by letting your child know that this is not an acceptable trend.
We will also continue to work on mitigating circumstances regarding CoVID. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us. Thank you for your support and for helping us continue to stay face to face.
We are excited to have a great September of learning!
Please make sure that you are getting our updates via our webpage, Facebook page, and through Thrillshare. If you need to update your information in Powerschool, you can do that on the app. And as always, if you have any questions about something, please reach out to us via email or call my cell at 912-255-0630.
Proud to be Bryan County!
News and Notes
- IStart and End time is 8:35-3:35
- Masks are now mandatory!
- Drop off time begins at 8:00
- ALL RED Fridays are FREE hat days for the entire school year!
- Scholars will go to breakfast and directly to 1st period or directly to 1st period.
- PSAT and SAT are 10/13-- registration is closed
- Breakfast and Lunch are 100% free to all scholars.
- Increased cleaning procedures are ongoing
- Assemblies and large group gatherings will be restructured
- Athletics will follow GHSA guidelines
- Parking Passes $40.00 a year
- Paint a Parking Space $20.00
- Seating charts will be used for all learning areas, including transportation
- All busses will drop off and pick up outside the MAIN gym (Upper School gym)
- Car riders will drop off in the front of the Upper School (High school)
- School Store is open
- CLUBS will be starting in October.
- Redskin Spirit Day Friday! County and Cowboy and Redskin Spirit Day!
- Student Council Officers: Nominations due this weel
- Coming soon: Scholar Athletic Booster Club-- pay $25.00 and get into all HOME Bryan County High School athletic events for free! 80% savings over paying gate price at each event!
Do you have a book you want to see in our Media Center? Fill out the form below!