The world's largest hot desert.
• It covers 1/3rd of the continent.
• It divides the continent into two distinct regions – North Africa and sub-Saharan Africa.
• Half of the Sahara receives less than an inch of rain per year, and the rest receives up to 4 inches (10 centimeters) per year.
• The people who do live here are called nomads.
• They move from place to place, usually traveling by camel, looking for food & water.
Located in the north of Africa!
The Sahara Desert stretches for 3,500,000 miles!
Camel in the Sahara
A major method of transportation!