Irmo Elementary Family Updates
#HeartoftheHive #BetterTogether January 25-29
A Note From Your Principal
Dear IES Families,
We experienced another terrific week in the F2F and virtual hive. It is hard to believe we are already closing out January of 2021. Please note the plan to return to 5 days F2F on February 1st and the introduction of our amazing spirit wear linked below. We are excited to share our pride for the heart of the hive and our Irmo cluster. #IrmoStrong
REMINDER: 5-day in-person instruction to begin the week of February 1
School District Five will begin the transition of in-person students from a 4-day in-person instructional schedule to a 5-day in-person schedule. This transition will begin on February 1 for all students. Wednesdays will no longer be distance learning days for in-person students.
More information about our Wednesday in-person instructional days, including information about Feb. 3 and future early release/late start dates, will be shared with staff and families next week. The district's Flexible Innovative Virtual Education (FIVE) virtual program will continue during all in-person learning models.
(VIDEO) Quarantine Guidelines
School District Five of Lexington & Richland Counties has worked in collaboration with health officials to establish health protocols for the 2020-21 school year, in response to COVID-19. School District Five is updating its quarantine guidelines to align with updated CDC recommendations.
Per the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) website:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and DHEC have previously recommended a strict 14-day period of quarantine for persons who had close contact to a confirmed COVID-19 case. However, the CDC has recently offered optionsto shorten the quarantine period to less than 14 days.
The CDC recommends the following alternative options to a 14-day quarantine:
- Quarantine can end after Day 10 without testing and if no symptoms were reported during daily symptom monitoring.
- Quarantine can end after Day 7 if a viral test is negative AND if no symptoms were reported during daily symptom monitoring.
- The viral test must be collected no sooner than Day 5 to be used to shorten quarantine, but quarantine cannot be discontinued earlier than completion of Day 7.
- Viral tests include those collected by a swab of the nose or throat (PCR or antigen tests). Blood tests for antibodies may not be used to shorten quarantine.
- In some cases a 14-day quarantine is still needed. If this is necessary, it will be communicated by the school nurse.
- Please view our Updated Quarantine Guidelines Video for more information: https://youtu.be/PEJYZKtixfQ
COVID-19 Dashboard Reminder
The district's COVID-19 dashboard is updated each Friday, and has been updated today (January 8). The dashboard can be found on the district website homepage and at the following link: www.lexrich5.org/covid19dashboard.
REMINDER: Self-Screening Checklist, COVID Communications Guide and COVID-19 Exposure Flowchart
Safety is a top priority. School District Five of Lexington & Richland Counties has worked in collaboration with health officials to establish health protocols for the 2020-21 school year, in response to COVID-19. Students and staff will be asked to complete daily self-screenings before reporting to school/district campuses. District schools will follow DHEC guidance regarding the management of suspected and confirmed COVID-19 cases.
Click the following link to see the district’s self-screening checklist:
Click the following link to see the district’s COVID-19 Exposure Flowchart:
For DHEC guidelines regarding the management of suspected and confirmed COVID-19 cases, click the following link:
View our COVID-19 Communications Guide:
View DHEC's School COVID-19 Report:
For more information on health and safety protocols, click the "20-21 COVID-19 Information" tab on our district website or visit www.lexrich5.org/20-21reentry.
1/28-1/29 Student of the Month Celebrations
2/1 Students return to 5 days F2F this week, School Counselor Appreciation Week (We love Mrs. Gray!)
2/2 End of 2nd Nine Weeks
Good Neighbear Award Presented to Jill Christian, Cafe Manager, sponored by Theresa Miley and Pam Parrish with State Farm
Purchase Your IES Yearbook!
- Yearbook Price $26.00
- IES Online Code is: FMYB100385
- The online ordering site for your yearbook is ready. Your direct link to access your online ordering site is:
FREE PARENT WORKSHOPS- From Special Services -> Click Below
Hello IES FIVE family,
It is hard to believe that we are nearing the end of January. Your IES family hopes that your FIVE experience has and continues to be amazing. As always, we are constantly striving to ensure that we are meeting both the needs of our students and the needs of our families. Please remember that we are here to help and we always welcome your feedback. As each week passes, I have personally noticed our students becoming more comfortable in this virtual platform. I have also noticed our teachers providing amazing learning opportunities for our students. If you have any ideas for opportunities for learning experiences feel free to share them with myself or your teachers. I know this week some of our parents volunteered for read a-louds and even joined on as guest speakers. If this is something you are willing to do whether it be motivational or work experience related, we would absolutely welcome your expertise and we know our students would love to hear from you. Do not hesitate to reach out to me and I can provide suggestions if you are willing to volunteer. We hope that you have a great week in FIVE. Thanks for your hard work and continued support.
FIVE Dates of Interest:
- Jan. 24th (TODAY)- Last Day for FIVE Spirit Wear Orders
- Jan. 25th- District School Board Meeting @IHS 7PM
- Please ensure that your students have all grades complete and turned in ASAP.
- Feb. 3rd- Beginning of the 3rd 9 Weeks.
- Students are expected to attend all classes face to face in our virtual program. If there is a need for your students camera to be turned off, please communicate that to the teacher, but still make sure that your child can answer a teacher if called on. If your student is absent, please provide documentation to the classroom teacher. Students must attend class the majority of the day to be marked present.
- If you have attendance concerns, please reach out to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
- Please look at your child's daily schedule carefully to ensure they are logging into each live Google Meet each day. This includes all related area classes.
- VIDEO: Supporting Students in a Virtual Environment
Students/ parents please use this if you need help and would like someone to provide your with quick support. Typically, we will try to call and walk you through the problem that you may be experiencing.