NECCS Kindergarten News
In Reading...we are getting First grade ready by reviewing concepts that we previously learned and even challenging ourselves with some new ones!
We are diving deep into the stories we read together by asking questions to deepen our understanding.
Encourage scholars to practice their reading each day for 15-20 minutes.
In Phonics.. we will be reviewing beginning sounds and learning how to identify the middle and ending sound.
Snap Words to practice: play, say, for, day, how, you, am, did, on, up, fun, get
Work with scholars on being able to read these words quickly!
Snap words are not meant to be sounded out...students need to know them on sight!
In writing...we are going to complete writing our How-To books and move forward to Persuasive Writing.
Math & Science
In Science... we are learning all about birds! We are naming the parts of a bird and learning about what they need to live outside.
Websites to Check Out!
Important Dates To Know!
May 31st - Memorial Day - No School
Reminders & Announcements!
- Ms. Allen and Ms. Bailey will be leading online whole group instruction for all students. If you have any questions or concerns you can email them using the links below.
- Please remember that it is so important to read with your scholar as often as possible at home! Our recommendation is at least 20 minutes per night :)
- School starts at 9:00 every morning, and your scholars greatly benefit when they are on time!
- Scholars are to go to all whole group and their small group sessions every day!
- Be sure to check ClassDojo & Google Classroom as often as possible for updated information!
Ms. Bailey - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Acquah-Amissah - email@example.com
Ms. De LaCruz - firstname.lastname@example.org