Franklin High School Prom @ Discovery World MKE
Saturday, Apr 20, 2024, 06:30 PM
Discovery World, North Harbor Drive, Milwaukee, WI, USA
It is important to note the times and requirements for Prom ticket sales.
Please read the information below before purchasing ticket.
Requirements for Prom Ticket Purchase
- Students are not eligible to purchase a ticket or attend the dance if they have unserved detentions or unpaid fees.
- Students attending the dance must be in good standing with academics, attendance, and conduct at school.
- Students and guests must bring an ID to the dance.
- All dance participants are required to dance in a school appropriate manner. Any person dancing in a manner viewed as sexually suggestive or inappropriate will be removed from the dance, referred to police or parents, and not allowed to return.
Prom Guest Pass for Non-FHS Student
Any guest that is not currently enrolled in a high school (such as a recent graduate) OR guests that attend a virtual school without administrators to complete the guest pass must submit a background check via the FPS Volunteer Form found at www.tinyurl.com/FranklinVolunteer. No middle school or grade school students or adults 21 or over are allowed to attend. All students and guests must bring an ID to the dance.
FHS Dance Check In Procedures
As in previous years, Franklin High School is committed to providing safe, fun, and educational activities for our students. Co-curricular events are privileged-based programs and positive behaviors are expected. We will be continuing a few procedures at our Dance again this year intended to help ensure the dance remains a positive experience for all. All of these procedures are identical to what we’ve done in the past. These include:
- Upon arrival to the Franklin High School Dance, students will be asked to check in with their ticket and student ID.
- Upon entrance to the dance, bags, purses, and other items will be searched.
- Police and administration will be conducting random breathalyzer tests to ensure that safe behaviors are being practiced prior to arrival at the dance. (By attending the dance, students are providing their consent to participate in this process.) The goal in continuing the use of random breathalyzers is to prevent students from coming to an event under the influence of alcohol.
Discovery World is located at 500 North Harbor Drive. Limited parking is available on site at Discovery World, about 150 parking spots available first come, first served. The parking lot is below the museum in a heated secure parking garage. Please pull into the parking garage by accessing the ramp on the West side of the museum. Guests will self-park.
Discovery World parking rates are $22 per car. Guests will be required to scan a credit card to enter the garage - this acts as the parking pass or timed pass. On exit event guests will scan the same credit card and will be charged the $22 fee. This is a Discovery World requirement if you choose to use their parking lot. FHS is not able to change this.
Additional parking can be found on the street around Discovery World, please note parking signs/restrictions. There is metered parking and street parking, not metered, with signs that read 3 HOUR PARKING 8AM – 6PM. Next closest parking structure is located across Lincoln Memorial Drive in the Museum Center Parking (formerly known as O’Donnell Parking), subject to posted rates.
To enter the museum from the parking garage, use the elevators on the west end of the parking lot (closes to the parking lot entrance). Take the elevator to the 1st floor.
- Tickets will be sold online (link to be shared at a later date) Ticket sales end Friday April 5th at 5:30 pm.
- Tickets will be approximately $90 each (subject to increase depending on cost increases from vendors for 23-24)
- Only currently enrolled FHS seniors and juniors will be able to purchase tickets (sophomores or non-FHS guests must be an invited guest of a JR/SR).
- Tickets will be sold online and require student ID numbers and student name(s). A maximum of two tickets per purchase.
- Students who wrongfully use someone else's ID number will have their ticket canceled and not refunded.
- Students bringing a guest must have the guest permission slip completed and turned in before April 5th.
- Students must also complete the Prom Attendee Information Request to identify dietary restrictions and table captains (for assigned seating). The link can be found in student emails from Jr. Class Advisor.
- Students should plan ahead to purchase tickets early. There is a max capacity of 510 students and ticket sales are first come, first served.
- Tickets will not be available for purchase after Friday, April 5th at 5:30 pm. The total number of attendees must be reported to the prom vendors at this time. Late ticket sales will not be accepted.
- All sales are final.