High School Counseling Office News
March---Spring is Near!!
Spring is Coming !
This month marks a full year since Covid interrupted school and life as we know it. Lets talk about Resiliency and what that is and why it is so important ! This is a concept that many psychologists have researched over the years and it is a Psychology Today describes it this way:
“Resilience is that ineffable quality that allows some people to be knocked down by life and come back stronger than ever. Rather than letting failure overcome them and drain their resolve, they find a way to rise from the ashes.”
Some examples of things that foster our resiliency are : mental endurance, willpower, self-discipline, and perseverance. What's helps foster this sense of resiliency is : to be positive, use problem solving skills, manage your feelings and make realistic plans. Your school counselor or can help you with these skills !
At- Risk Grades and Meetings ..
NEW* Feel Good Motors application deadline 4/30/21
NEW* Human Resources Foundation application deadline 4/15/21
NEW* Forest City Rotary Scholarship application deadline 5/7/21
NEW* Susquehanna County Democratic Award, 2021 application deadline 4/5/21
NEW* Wayne-Pike County Farm Bureau Scholarship application deadline 3/2/21
Helping Hands of Susquehanna application deadline 3/8/21
Walk of Honor Scholarship application deadline 4/20/21
Wayne Co Business & Professional Women Association application deadline 4/20/21
Wayne Memorial Auxiliary scholarship application deadline 4/16/21
Mike Munchak Community Service Scholarship application deadline 3/31/21
Pleasant Valley Grange Scholarship application deadline 4/30/21
NEPA Pride Scholarship application deadline 4/1/21
Perry Westgate Memorial Scholarship application deadline 4/9/21
Wayne Co. Community Foundation application deadline: 4/1/21
- You must create a profile (use your personal email for this creation)
- On the top bar, click "Scholarships and Grants" then "Apply for Scholarships"
- This system allows you to filter through applications that you are qualified for, based on where you live, your age, your gender, your county, your intended major, your grades, etc.
CTC application Month for 9th grade :
4. Career Interest Inventory (9th grade all completed for HS career portfolio)
Anxiety Help for TEENS
1. Become a relaxation expert
2. Get enough sleep, nourishment, and exercise
3. Connect with others
4. Connect with nature
5. Pay attention to the good things