Enon PTO Newsletter
A note from the PTO President
Happy New Year Enon Families,
With the year-end seasonal holidays and celebrations behind us, it’s time to move forward into the new year. The first half of the school year has flown by, and by all accounts was a success. Your PTO has been busy at work supporting Enon with fundraisers as well as family friendly activities. I’d like to remind all of our families about our Clothing to Cash program. I hope you have noticed the big white bins that sit at the entrance to the bus loop/parking lot. Simply drop your ragged, old, or slight used clothes, shoes/purses and linens into the bins and Enon gets the benefit of $.10 per pound. The load is picked up once a month. As an added benefit if we are one of the top three collection sites in the county, we get an extra bonus of $25-$100 for that month. In November we took home the top prize of $100. How easy is that? No volunteer time necessary or no money to send in to participate, just a plastic bag, drop and run.
Please pay close attention to the upcoming events as highlighted in this newsletter and enjoy what is being offered during the next few months as we wait patiently on the blooms of spring to arrive.
I wish you all a happy and prosperous new year.
Kim Britt PTO President
Great American Fundraiser
Do you have birthday presents or other gift giving needs? Shop online for your gifts AND help support our school. All orders count toward our school fundraiser. What types of things can you get?
- Gift cards, coupon books
- Personalized gifts
- Photo gifts, books, journals
- Holiday decore
- Gift wrap and accessories
Shop online now and share this link with family and friends! http://gaschoolstore.com/3282852
Kids just can't get enough of Enon! Sign up to stay after school with teh L8R-G8RS! There will be 9 programs offered this year...for more details see the flyer that came home Dec. 10th. Registrations will be picked up throughout the week from this point on. Classes fill fast, so ask your child's teacher if you need a new form!
So what is Edmodo anyway?
Edmodo is a free and secure learning network for teachers, students, and schools. It provides a safe way for teachers and students to connect, share content, access homework, participate in discussions, manage due dates, and receive class information.
Edmodo is accessible online and through any mobile device with Internet capabilities – including free apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices. Students can access their account from any mobile device or computer.
Ask your child if they have an Edmodo account. If they do, here are some ways you can support your child's learning through Edmodo:
Sign up for a parent account that is linked to your student account. It will help keep you informed with some resources from his/her teacher. To access your parent account you will need to get the parent code from your students account. Each parent account is private to your student and your student's teacher, you will not be able to see other student communication or work. If you have more than one student please make sure to sign up for separate parent accounts.
How your student accesses Edmodo:
Go to my.ccpsnet.net
Have your student enter their 9 digit student ID and password.
Click on the “e” for Edmodo.
** If your student clicks on the "e" and can not access edmodo, that means that his/her teacher has not set up and account at this time.
Once your student is in Edmodo you will see your parent code at the bottom left hand side.
Copy this code so you can log in as a parent. After you sign up for the first time you will no longer need this code.
How a Parent logs In:
Go to www.edmodo.com
Select “I’m a parent”
Enter your unique 6 digit parent code.
Select sign up. That’s all there is to do!
Clothing 4 Cash! Bring new or used clothing, shoes, towels and textiles ANYTIME!
- Collection bins are located at the parking lot entrance to the bus loop.
- Enon came in First place last month in Chesterfield County landing us and extra $100.
- Schools earn $.10 a pond.
- This program costs our school nothing to participate.
Time to start pre-ordering your 2014-2015 Enon Yearbook. Cash or checks (payable to Enon PTO) will be excepted. Or if you would rather use your card feel free stop by Enon on Tuesday's from 9:30-10:30 to swipe your credit card. Soft cover $21.00, hard cover $27.00
Also, help be a part of our yearbook by uploading YOUR pictures on the Herff Jones Eshare FREE App (school code 23836), we would love for you to be a part of the fun.
Flyer came home the first week of December, if you need more information, or have questions contact Niki Stancil via email (Stancil.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Support our school-Send in those Box Tops!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Winter Break. Thanks for all your submissions to the Fall Box Top, Etc. Contest. The winners were as follows:
K - Williams
1 - Hazlegrove
2 - Mazierski
3 - Merlo
4 - Collins
5 - Liggitt
Special Ed - Lewis
The Spring Contest is GRADE vs GRADE! The grade that sends in the most Box Tops, Labels for Education and pop tabs will win extra recess and popsicles. Please continue to cut them neatly, count them and sort them into groups of 50 to earn bonus points.
For more information please contact Laura Dho-519-4042
Physical Education Updates
- Kindergarten physical education classes are collecting gallon milk jugs for a recycling/catching project. All grade levels are encouraged to participate by sending in gallon milk jugs that are WASHED OUT WITH SOAP. Have you ever smelled rotten milk? No thanks to stinky jugs! :-)
- All 5th grade students were offered a FREE five week session of tennis taught by Heather Glunt, P.E. teacher and Mr. Michael Coleman, Tennis Professional at Rivers Bend Club and Girls' Tennis Coach at Appomattox Regional Governor School. Over a course of 15 weeks we will have reached approximately 60 students. Please make sure to thank Mr. Coleman for donating his time to our students when you see him in the community or by writing a short thank you note. These sessions will be wrapping up in March.
- In addition, a mini tennis tournament will be held for all students who want to participate in the spring. Mini Tennis Tournament information below:
CC Junior Cup event.
Date: Saturday April 18th from 1:00-4:00pm, Raindate: Sunday April 19th @ the same time
Location: James River HS Tennis Courts for short court play, grassy field and softball field for games and activities.
- Heather Glunt will be offering an after school 4-square club to 3rd-5th grade students. Be looking for that information to come in January.
- Lastly, Enon would like to send out a sincere thank you to Mr. Rodriguez, father of Kathleen Rodriguez and Molly's Bike Shop for sharing time and talents with Enon Elementary School's P.E. biking program.
Enon Parents Assisting Teachers (P-A-T)
Come join us in the cafeteria every Tuesday from 9:30 to 10:30am to support our teachers! We help teachers with classroom preparations:
- stapling, cutting, assembling, sorting, filing, etc!
- No commitment required!
- Contact Niki Stancil at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Save the Date for the Sweetheart Dance!
Jan 5th- PTO Board Mtg. 6:00pm
Jan 6th-Mrs Heath's Class trip to Math/Science Center
Jan 7th-Mrs Windgold's Class trip to Math/Science Center
Jan 7th- Coffee Talks-Tips for Parents of Children with ADHD
Jan 8th-Miss Merlo's Class trip to Math/Science Center
Jan 8th- Cesare's Night 4:30p-9:00pm
Jan 9th-Mrs. Crowley's Class trip to Math/Science Center
Jan 19th- NO SCHOOL
Jan. 22nd- Chick-Fil-A night 5-8 pm
Jan. 30th- NO SCHOOL