District-wide ENews Notes
May 12, 2022
Thurs., May 12 - HF-L PTA Meeting, High School, 8 p.m.
Mon., May 16 - Cougar Creations, K-12 Art Exhibit, High School 'B' Gym, 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Mon., May 16 - Last Day for Application for Absentee Ballot to be picked up in-person
Tues., May 17 - Budget Vote & BOE Election, BOE Rm., 129, 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Tues., May 17 - Board of Education Meeting, H.S. Cafe., 7 p.m.
Tues., May 17 - Cougar Creations, K-12 Art Exhibit, High School 'B' Gym, 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Tues., May 17 - Absentee Ballot Must Be Received by District Clerk by 5 p.m.
Wed., May 18 - Cougar Creations, K-12 Art Exhibit, High School 'B' Gym, 7 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Thurs., May 19 - Middle School Chorus Concert, District Aud., 7:30 p.m.
Tues., May 24 - Safety Committee Meeting, 3:45 p.m.
Thurs., May 26 - Music Booster Club Meeting, H.S. Chorus Rm., 7 p.m.
Mon., May 30 - Memorial Day Observance - No School
**NOTE: As the school year begins, please recognize that the District's online calendar will house the most accurate District and building events.
Inside HF-L 2022-23 Budget Issue
HF-L Oversimplified - Capital Outlay Projects
HF-L is excited to announce a new video series entitled HF-L Oversimplified where we oversimplify elements of the school budget to help our community better understand how the District is funded.
Did you know that Capital Outlay Projects are included in the District's regular annual budget? Let's talk about that!
A new episode drops every Monday morning (not during Spring Recess). To watch the previous episodes, subscribe to our Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHta6YaRA2t1JVFy3ulDoFg.
36th Annual Cougar Creations
Volunteers are still needed for the Cougar Creations event.
Here is the sign-up genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084ba9a629abfc1-cougar
Annual Chicken BBQ
2022-23 Board of Education Candidates
Three seats are open on the Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School Board of Education. Candidates elected to the Board during the 2022-23 Budget vote and Board Election will serve three year terms. Voters will elect one person for each of the three (3) positions on the Board of Education effective July 1, 2022. Terms are three (3) years each.
Meet the Finalists: Manor and Middle School Principal Candidates Site Visit with Community Meet & Greet
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District will be hosting tours and community forums over three days to introduce and offer the opportunity for the public to ask questions of three finalists for the two open principal positions. The District has surveyed staff, parents, and students on the characteristics, expectations, and priorities that the District should look for when seeking new administrative positions. There was a screening interview for more than twenty candidates and five candidates recently interviewed with two building-based teams that included members of the community, school staff, and the Board of Education. Following this process three finalists are being put forward for the two open positions.
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022: Mrs. Erica Stutz. A Penn State graduate, with over twenty-one years of educational experience in the classroom and in administration. Mrs. Stutz is currently a House Principal in the Penfield Central School District.
- Thursday, May 12, 2022: Ms. Joelle Weaver. A SUNY Fredonia graduate, Ms. Weaver taught special education at the Manor Intermediate School beginning in 2007 and has been the Assistant Principal at Manor since 2014.
- Friday, May 13, 2022: Mr. Jason Juszczak. A SUNY Geneseo graduate, Mr. Juszczak taught for twelve years in the Pittsford Central School District and has been an administrator in the Greece Central School District for the past seven years, including in his current role as Principal of Long Ridge Elementary School.
Please note that all three of these individuals are candidates for both the Middle and Manor School Principal positions.
Each candidate will meet with district administrators, and tour both the Middle School and the Manor School and interact with students and faculty prior to a community forum that will be held each afternoon at 3:30 PM in the Manor School library. Following the community forum, the candidates will meet individually with Superintendent Gene Mancuso.
HF-L continues to draw interest from capable and highly qualified individuals. The District would like to thank in advance everyone who has been part of the process and all who will be offering input over the next several days.
The community forums will be an opportunity for anyone who wants a chance to meet and speak with the finalists for the principal’s position. All who stop by for the community meet and greet as well as staff and students at both buildings, will be asked to fill out a survey that will be taken into consideration as the final recommendations are made.
The successful candidates are expected to start on July 1, 2022.
HF-L Manor School Odyssey of the Mind
HF-L PTA Leadership Position Nominations
Chow Hut Volunteers Needed
HF-L Partners with Paper Tutoring Service
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District is happy to announce its partnership with Paper, a digital tutoring service. This service is available to all HF-L students in grades 4-12 and will provide free, unlimited access to virtual tutoring sessions. These sessions are 1:1 and are available 24 hours a day. Students can access this using their ClassLink portal.
Using Paper, students get homework help, writing feedback, and study support on demand. Teachers gain insights into learning gaps. Administrators have visibility into where support is needed.
UPDATE: Paper is now offering live parent webinars. They are every 2 weeks in English and Spanish. 45 mins, parents sign up through that page and they will receive a Zoom link by email. https://pages.paper.co/webinars-for-parents-and-guardians
Mendon Public Library
Upcoming Weekly Events, drop in:
- For Kids: Story Time, Tuesdays, 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM
- For Adults: Tech Training with Danny B on Wednesdays, 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM (Call to reserve your one-hour slot),
- Alternating Wednesday Night Sit N Stitch,
- Alternating Thursday Morning Knit Nook,
- Medicare Information Sessions on alternating Mondays.
Special Events, please register for all programs below:
- Firefly Friends: Start with Your Heart (4-week Firefly Blue Patch for Kids) Weds, 10:00 AM - 10:35 AM
- Adult Program- Hilary Fitzgerald Campbell Virtual Author Visit, Mon 5/16/2022 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Teen Trivia Night: Star Wars & Other Questions, Tue 5/17/2022 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Justin Murphy Author of "Your Children are Very Greatly in Danger" Talk, Tue 5/24/2022 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM