Ms. Kilar's Class News
Friday, Oct. 16, 2015
Parent Teacher Conferences
I still have a few spaces to help with the Book Fair. Please give me a call if you are available to help out.
Teddy Bear Drive
Upcoming Dates and Events
- Oct. 19 - Math Test
- Oct. 21 and 22 - Parent Teacher Conferences
- Oct. 21- Field trip to Offield Nature Preserve from 12:15-1:45.
- Oct. 21-23 - Scholastic Book Fair
- Oct. 23 - End of Teddy Bear Drive
- Oct. 28 - Pizza Party for participating in Teddy Bear Drive
- Oct. 30 - Halloween Parade at 1:15
- Nov. 3 - Picture retakes
- Nov. 10 - Field trip to recycling center
- Monday - Gym
- Tuesday - Music
- Wednesday - Library
- Thursday - Art/Gym
- Friday- Music
Science and Social Studies
Social Studies: This week in social studies we wrapped up our unit on geography and map reading. We started reading a chapter on a brief history of the settlement of the United States and learned about several of the largest ethnics groups in the U.S.
- Math: Math packet from last week
- Spelling: New spelling list and front and back of the worksheet
- Grammar: Front and Back of the worksheet
- Homework is due Thursday
- Students can always practice the new week's spelling list on SpellingCity.
- Reading - This week we focused on theme in fictional texts. We also learned about the elements of a drama.
- Writing - Students worked on brainstorming and drafting a fictional narrative. They focused on ideas and voice in their writing.
- Spelling - Long o short o
- Grammar - Correcting run-on sentences and sentence fragments.