CBHT Religious School
Weekly Newsletter - 12/11/14
Some Important Notes about this Sunday, 12/14
- It's our last Sunday before Winter Break. School will resume on Sunday, January 11th.
- Lauren, Debbie, and Rabbi Meiri (as well as many of our madrichim) will be out this Sunday as we'll be attending the L'taken Seminar in Washington, DC.
- We will begin the day, as usual at 9:30 with Kehilla Tephila led by Seth!
- Bagels will not be sold this Sunday, so please make sure your kids are fed and fueled up before school begins!
- This Sunday is Emily's last day before she leaves for a semester of study in Amsterdam. Don't forget to give her a big hug!!
- All the students (from Parparim to Kesher) will have Hanukkah parties in their classrooms in the second half of the day. Latkes, applesauce, sour cream ... plus some extra added surprises!
- There will be Shir Tephila rehearsal after school as our wonderful Parent/Student Choir prepares for our congregational Hanukkah celebration on Friday, 12/19.
A couple of last chances not to be missed
- Sisterhood is still collecting gently used toys and warm clothing (coats, hats, scarves, gloves, boots). Please bring in your items to place in the bin at the entrance of the religious school
- Levi Harris is still collecting gently used children's books for his Mitzvah project, which he will be donating to children in need. The collection box is just outside the library upstairs.
- This Sunday, 12/14 is the last day to submit your entry into the CBHT Menorah contest. Please bring your entry in this Sunday, place it in the center room of the long hallway in the religious school and don't forget to fill out an entry card! Can't wait to see these beautiful creative works!
Todah Rabah to our Volunteers!
Congregational Hanukkah Dinner on Service on Friday, December 19th
Make your reservation by December 17th. Dinner will be catered by Gypsy Queen Cuisine, (chicken or a vegetarian option): $16 for adults, $7 for children 6-12, children 5 and under are free.Please make your reservation with Julie in the office by calling 828-253-4911. Reservations must be made by Wednesday 12/17.
If you can't make it to the dinner, you can still come celebrate Hanukkah with the congregation at 7:30!