¿Necesita traducción? | Precisa de tradução?
¿Necesita traducción? Desde una computadora o portátil, haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) en el cuadro negro. Desde un teléfono celular o tableta, haga clic en el icono de Accesibilidad en la parte inferior de la pantalla y después haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir).
Precisa de tradução? No computador/laptop clique em "Translate" (Traduzir) na caixa preta. No celular/tablete clique no ícone Accessibilidade na parte inferior da tela e clique em 'Translate' (Traduzir).
Need translation? On a computer/laptop, click "Translate" in the black box. On a mobile phone/tablet click the Accessibility Icon at the bottom of your phone screen and then click 'translate'.
Thank you all for supporting another good week at King Elementary! Please see a few reminders/updates below:
- We would appreciate if you could take a moment and complete a survey by clicking on the button below. We are looking to gather feedback on your child's/your family's experience at King during the 1st 10 days of the 23-24 school year. We use this feedback to continue to improve the experience for all students and their families at King. Thank you!
- Health class begins for students in Kindergarten through 4th grade this week. 5th grade has had Health since the beginning of the year.
- Please send your child(ren) to school with a water bottle. Students will have the opportunity to refill water bottles throughout the day. If your child needs a water bottle, please email Mr. Bergeron; we can make one available to them.
- IMPORTANT REMINDER: If you are making any changes to your child's daily dismissal plan, please call our main office at (508) 782-7201. You may also email Yenitza Vargas, Office Manager at email@example.com or Erika Leite-Amaral, Assistant Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you email a dismissal change to your student's classroom teacher, please be sure to CC the office staff as well. We ask that all dismissal changes are communicated to us by 2:20 PM to ensure consistent, efficient, and safe dismissal procedures for all students, staff, and families. Thank you!
From Nurse Renault
I am looking for family volunteers to help with this year's vision and hearing screenings on October 3 and 4. No experience necessary, we will train you when you arrive. If you have not completed a CORI form please fill one out below. If you can help, please follow the link and let me know when you are available.
Family Pickup/Drop-off Video
- Choose CC (will underline in red)
- Click settings (the gear)
- Click by "Subtitles/CC"
- Choose auto-translate and the language you want
Meet Our Staff!
Dates to Remember
Please check this calendar each week as new dates may be added.
- Early Release
- School Council; 6:00 PM @ King
- No School: Yom Kippur
- Open House Grades 3-5; 6:30 - 8:00
- Open House Grades K-2; 6:30 - 8:00
- Ultimate Lion Challenge
Please join the King School Council
A school council is a representative, school building-based committee composed of the principal, parents, teachers and community members, required to be established by each school pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 71, Section 59C. The law outlines four major areas of responsibility for councils. School councils are to assist principals in:
Adopting educational goals for the school that are consistent with local educational policies and statewide student performance standards
Identifying the educational needs of students attending the school
Reviewing the annual school building budget
Formulating a school improvement plan
In addition to the four major points above, we will also continue to discuss a problem of practice we identified in collaboration with the Equity Imperative last year: Do students and their families have a strong sense of belonging at King Elementary and do teachers engage them as if they ALL belong?
Please join this year’s school council by emailing James Bergeron at email@example.com
Information Regarding transportation for the 23-24 School Year
From the KING PTO
*Our next Community PTO meeting will be Wednesday, October 11, 2023. Spanish & Portuguese translators will be available. More info to come!
*Get ready for the second annual King Elementary Ultimate Lion Challenge! This is a community building event that also gives us the chance to raise money for our school. On Friday, September 29th, all students will participate in a Ninja Warrior inspired challenge emphasizing speed, strength, balance, agility and FUN! Family and friends can support the school by pledging donations and cheering on their kids at the challenge. Please visit pledgestar.com/king to register your child(ren) and start collecting donations!
Also, if you haven't already, please sign up for the PTO directory to stay informed about community events and to volunteer! Click here to create a King Elementary PTO account to get started. Please see this how-to video for learning more about using the PTO directory.
Tour the school with ROARY!
Important Information SMORE
Doors open: 8:50am
Breakfast: 8:50am - 9:05am
School begins: 9:05am
School dismissal: 3:20pm
*Early release dismissal: 12:55pm (lunch is served)
*Half day dismissal: 12:20pm (lunch is not served)
Attendance Line: 508-782-7201