What if I have concerns about my child's development (ages 3 to 5)?
If you have concerns regarding your child’s development (ages 3 to 5), please contact the Early Childhood Child Find Team to set up a screening.
- Call (480) 883-5865.
- Email our Child Find team.
- Llame al (480) 883-5866.
- Envíe un correo electrónico a nuestro equipo de Child Find.
What do I need to know?
- Screenings are conducted on selective Fridays, by appointment only, throughout the CUSD school year.
- If the screening results indicate the need for an evaluation, the Child Find team will schedule and conduct a Comprehensive Developmental Assessment, which assesses all five areas of development – cognition, communication, social/emotional, adaptive, and physical skills.
- If the child meets eligibility criteria for special education services according to state and federal guidelines, and requires specialized instruction, an Individual Education Plan (IEP) is developed. The child may be referred for attendance at a priority preschool program, or one of the other programs available in the district.