Amazing Water Soluble Vitamins
By: Danielle Martin-Rosenstiehl
Are found in strawberries
To dissolve in water
Essential to life
Regulation is important
Saturation may be reached when dissolved in water
Lets you enjoy the nutrients of fruit
Understand the portions
Lets your body function properly
Excreted through urine
What happens if our body doesn't have enough or has too much?
Some of the key vitamins!
Vitamin B2: Riboflavin
Found in whole grains and dairy produce
Vitamin B3: Nicacin
Found in whole grains and protein
Vitamin B6: Pyridoxine
Found in green vegetables and fish
Did you know... that Thiamine is so good for you that food laws in Australia make sure that it is added to all flour used for baking bread?
Other water soluble vitamins!
- Vitamin B1: Thiamine- found in whole grains and nuts
- Vitamin B5: Pantothenic Acid- found in most vegetables and meat sources
- Vitamin 7: Biotin- found in most vegetables and meat sources
- Vitamin B9: Folic Acid- found in seeds and liver
- Vitamins B12: Cyanacobalamin- found in all animals sources but no vegetable sources
- "B Group Vitamins." Kids' Health. Women and Children's Health Network, 21 May 2013. Web. 15 Jan. 2015.
- "Q and A." Q and A. N.p., 10 Oct. 2012. Web. 13 Jan. 2015.
- "What Happens to Excess Water-Soluble Vitamins & Fat-Soluble Vitamins, and Which Is More Dangerous?" Healthy Eating. SFGate, n.d. Web. 15 Jan. 2015.