Plano West Senior High School
Blue Nation: Leading with Pride!
Monday, March 21, 2016
- Daily Character Quote
- What's Up At WEST
- AVID Teacher of the Month
- Physics Camp for Young Women - "New"
- Collin College Summer Camps - "New"
- Requesting Transcripts in Naviance - "New"
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention Information - "New"
- Plano West Visual Arts on Instagram - "New"
- Spanish Awards
- Computer Science Awards at CodeWars
- Colleges Visiting Week of March 21st - 25th
- Upcoming College Information Sessions
- Forman Garage Sale Opportunity
- Frankford Middle School PTA Scholarships
- PWSH Blood Drive
- JROTC Fundraiser
- PWSH Counseling is now using Remind
- Junior Academic Conferences
- Final Exam Grade Waiver and Final Exam Exemption Guidelines
- 2016 Bond Election
- Plano Retired Teachers Association Scholarship
- Parent Survey
- Delta Kappa Gamma Scholarship
- Jazz Band Presents Glenn Miller Night
- Plano West Senior High Education and Training Program
- Senior Night Live
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
What's Up At West - http://pisdtv.pisd.edu/plano-west-sh/features/3FSzrcQ0pmGyL1Xg479t
Congrats to Ms. Johnson for being voted by the students as the AVID Teacher of the Month! Thank you for all that you do!
"New" - Design Connect Create! Physics Camp for Young Women is now open for registration. Get a head start in physics through hands-on activities, interactive problem solving and fun engineering challenges. You will gain knowledge to be successful in school, hear about STEM careers and visit a high-tech company. This camp is for rising 9th-12th graders who plan to take their first physics course in the fall. Join us for physics, friends, field trip and fun! Apply today: http://www.designconnectcreate.org/camp-info/register-for-a-session Flyer below.
"New" - Collin College offers summer camps for middle and high school students
There is a little something for everyone this summer at Collin College. Middle and high school students interested in nursing, robotics, music or dance have a lot of options on campus as summer camps heat up. Here is the schedule of the camps sponsored by Collin College:
Nurse Camp Monday-Wednesday, June 13-15
For students interested in getting an inside look at the nursing profession, Collin College is hosting its free Nurse Camp. Open to students between 8th -12th grades, participants will observe demonstrations and participate in simulations from 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Central Park Campus, 2200 W. University Drive in McKinney. Space is limited. Call Beth Kasprisin, clinical coordinator of nursing, at 972.548.6605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Summer Robotics Camp Tuesday-Thursday, June 21-23
From 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m., participants will stimulate their minds and unleash creativity at the Summer Robotics Camp. Open to students between 7th - 10th grades, the camp will be held at the Spring Creek Campus Living Legends Conference Center, 2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway, in Plano. Cost is $89 and includes three lunches. This camp is sponsored by the Collin College Robotics Club and the Engineering Department. Call Gena Martin at 972.377.1501 or email email@example.com for more information.
Collin Summer Dance Festival Monday-Friday, July 11-15The sixth annual Collin Summer Dance Festival features workshops in modern, ballet, jazz, pilates, musical theatre and hip-hop. Daily workshops are from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. in the dance studio (room AA146) at the Spring Creek Campus, 2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway, in Plano. Cost is $125. The Summer Dance Festival is for beginners or advanced dancers, 14 years old and up. Space is limited. Online registration is available at www.collin.edu/department/dance/summerdance.html Call Tiffanee Arnold, festival coordinator, at 972.881.5830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.All Girls Summer Robotics Camp Tuesday-Thursday, July 19-21
From 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m., girls get to design and build their own technological creation at the All Girls Summer Robotics Camp. Open to students between 7th - 10th grades, the camp will be held at the Preston Ridge Campus Conference Center, 9700 Wade Blvd in Frisco. Cost is $89 and includes three lunches. This camp is sponsored by the Collin College Robotics Club and the Engineering Department. Call Gena Martin at 972.377.1501 or email email@example.com for more information.
Texas All-Star Jazz Camp Monday-Friday, July 18-22
The Texas All-Star Jazz Camp features a flurry of daily workshops and rehearsals as musicians learn the world of big band jazz. Camp faculty includes top jazz musicians from around the country, who have played with big names such as Maynard Ferguson, Doc Severinsen, the Metroplexity Big Band and Woody Herman. This year’s special guest is NYC jazz and rock trombonist - Tom "Bones" Malone. Students must be at least 13 years old with at least one year of study on their instrument. All events will be at the Spring Creek Campus, 2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway in Plano. Cost is $265 or $310 with lunch. For information and a PDF application, call Kris Berg, professor of jazz studies, at 972.881.5108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
"New" - SENIORS: If you are requesting transcripts in Naviance, please use the following instructions:
- Access Naviance Family Connections
- Click the Colleges tab
- Then click the colleges I’m applying to link. This page should have your list of colleges, as well as computer icons and/ or postage stamp icons.
- Screen print (Ctrl P) the “Colleges I’m Applying to” page, AND turn it in to the Registrar’s Office.
Note: If an out-of-state college shows a postage stamp icon, you will need to turn in an addressed envelope with your request. If needed, envelopes are available at the Registrar’s Office. If you have questions about your transcript request, stop by and chat with the Registrar during passing periods, before 1st period, during lunch, or any time after 6th period.
MIDYEAR transcript requests for Common App colleges: please use the green paper Mid-Year Request Form available at the Registrar’s Office.
"New" - Drug and Alcohol Prevention Information: “Did You Know”
“Use of synthetic party drug puts two North Texans in hospital” DMNewsU-47700 http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2016/03/two-north-texans-hospitalized-after-experimenting-with-synthetic-drug-at-party.html/
"New" - Plano West Visual Arts on Instagram - Follow the new Instagram account for Plano West Visual Arts and see new work from our West Wolves: PLANOWESTHETICS
Spanish Awards - Plano West’s team of Spanish students who participated in the Pan American Student Forum placed 11th overall out of 51 schools and 1,517 students participating on March 4-6 in San Antonio. The students represented Plano West and Plano ISD most respectfully. The following awards were received and congratulations to all!
Tiffany Li- 2nd Place Poster
- 2nd Place Advanced Grammar-Non Native
- 3rd Place Vocabulary-Non Native
Rebekah de la Mora-2nd Place Advanced Civilization-Experienced
- 2nd Place Advanced Grammar-Experienced
- 3rd Place Advanced Reading-Experienced
- 2nd Place Advanced Listening-Experienced
Caleb Graham-1st Place Advanced Civilization-Non-Native
Zach Starr-2nd Place Advanced Civilization-Non-Native
Tiffany Ouyang-3rd Place Advanced Listening-Non-Native
Silvia Navarro-Valdez-3rd Place Advanced Listening-Heritage
Becca Paholski-2nd Place Advanced Reading-Non-Native
Computer Science Awards at CodeWars - We took 4 teams to HP CodeWars in Houston, a programming contest for high school students. Over 200 teams competed from Texas, Louisiana, Florida, and even Spain! Congratulations to the following teams for placing in the Novice Division:
2nd Place Team: Ritvik Annam, Gahwon Lee, Boris Tsang
3rd Place Team: Ari Cohn, Casey Hu, Henry Wang
Colleges Visiting Week of March 21st - 25th:
University of Alabama Wed 23-Mar
University of Arkansas Wed 23-Mar
Indiana University Bloomington Thu 24-Mar
LeTourneau University Thu 24-Mar
Loyola University Chicago Thu 24-Mar
Maryville University of St. Louis Thu 24-Mar
Missouri S&T Thu 24-Mar
Sam Houston State University Thu 24-Mar
University of Central Oklahoma Thu 24-Mar
University of New Mexico Thu 24-Mar
University of South Carolina Thu 24-Mar
University of Tennessee Thu 24-Mar
UT Austin Thu 24-Mar
Upcoming College Information Sessions:
Texas Tech University - Collin County Community College, Plano Sat 2-Apr 11:00a.m.
Texas Tech University - Highland Park Library, Dallas 75205 Sat 2-Apr 2:30 p.m.
National College Fair - Arlington Convention Center, Arlington, TX Thu 7-Apr 5:00 p.m.
Texas Tech University - Rudy's Country Store and BBQ, Frisco 75033 Sat 9-Apr 3:00 p.m.
Boston University - Hilton Dallas Lincoln Center Sat 10 Apr 1:30 p.m.
Texas Tech University - Fuddruckers, Grapevine 76501 Sun 10-Apr 1:00 p.m.
Forman Garage Sale Opportunity - See flyer below.
Frankford Middle School Scholarships - Frankford Middle School PTA is offering 3 scholarships (1-$1000 and 2-$500) to PISD graduates who attended Frankford for 6-8th grades. More information can be found on our website www.frankfordpta.org. Deadline for applications is April 15th.
PWSH Blood Drive - The Annual Carter Blood Drive will be Tuesday, April 5th from 9am to 4pm. Any Plano West student who is at least 17 years old and weighs at least 110 lbs. may sign up to donate blood. In order to sign up for a time slot, students must have a completed permission form signed by parents/guardians and the teachers of the classes the student will miss. Permission forms may be picked up and returned at the donation information table in the foyer outside the cafeteria Wednesday-Friday, March 16-18 or Tuesday-Thursday, March 29-31. Students may also pick up and drop off forms in room A2013. Any student who wishes to donate blood must return the completed permission form by Thursday, March 31st. Any parent who wishes to donate is also welcome to attend the blood drive. All donors must have a picture ID with them on the day of the blood drive. Any questions can be directed to Kristi Robinson at email@example.com.
JROTC Fundraiser - Come out and enjoy delicious Chipotle and support the JROTC scholarship program, Monday, March 21st! Any questions email support@JROTC.club. Look forward to seeing you there. Be sure and share this with your coworkers, neighbors, and friends! Thank you!
From the Plano West Nurse
Staff, students and parents can help reduce the impact of the cold and flu season by following these simple tips:
- Get a flu shot!
- Keep your children at home for fever of 100° or more for 24 hours without fever reducing medication.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds or more. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand rub/gel.
- Cough and/or sneeze into a tissue or your upper sleeve, not into your hand.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
PWSH Counseling is now using Remind! All students and parents are encouraged to join.
Text @pwshcouns to 81010
You can opt-out of messages anytime by texting ‘unsubscribe @pwshcouns’
Or, to receive these messages from the Counselors via email, send an email to:
JUNIOR ACADEMIC CONFERENCES - IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
- During the months of February, March, and April, all juniors and their parents will be invited to meet with counselors in an individual Academic Conference to discuss senior schedules and plans beyond high school. The time of the meeting has no impact on the availability of a student’s course choices.
- Approximately two weeks before the individual conference, parents will receive notification of the scheduled date and time for the conference. A week prior to the individual conference, during the school day, students will receive a notice reminding them of the conference appointment date and time. Students are asked to remind their parents of that appointment.
- Due to the large number of students in the junior class and district deadlines for completing conferences, changing appointment times is not possible.
- If parents are unable to attend the conference, the counselor will meet with the student, and a conference summary sheet will be sent home with the students.
- Upon entering the building, parents are asked to please check in with the receptionist in the front office for your visitor’s pass, before going the Counseling Center.
Before their individual appointment students need to:
- discuss future academic plans with parents to guide senior course selection.
- make a list of questions concerning courses, graduation requirements, plans beyond high school.
- complete the PROPOSED COURSES form that was distributed during Junior meetings with the counselors. Please bring that form to the Academic Conference.
Final Exam Grade Waiver and Final Exam Exemption Guidelines. See below.
2016 Bond Election - On May 7, 2016, Plano ISD voters will decide on a $481 million bond proposal to fund initiatives recommended by the Plano ISD Facilities and Technology Task Force. Appointed in August, 2015 by the Plano ISD Board of Trustees, the task force included citizens, business leaders, teachers, principals and parents. The task force reviewed enrollment trends and projections, established construction and renovation needs, validated costs and sought input from fellow community members. After five months of study, debate and public input, the task force made final recommendations to school trustees which are included in this bond proposal. If approved, the bond initiative will provide funding toward eight major project areas with no increase to the tax rate and will impact all Plano ISD campuses through district-wide security updates, renovations and facility upgrades, as well as technology improvements. Find out more, including specific project allocations, at www.pisd.edu/2016bond. You may send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW! SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE REMINDER:
Apply today for the PLANO RETIRED TEACHERS ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP – Application Deadline: March 25!
Applicants for this scholarship must be a graduating PISD SENIOR who plans to pursue a career in education. Scholarship Award is for $1,200. The application can be downloaded from Naviance, or picked up in the Counseling Center. The application deadline is 4:30pm, Friday, March 25, 2016.
Parent Survey - During the 2013 Legislative Session, Texas legislators passed House Bill 5 (TEC 39.0545) statute which added a new component to the state accountability system. This statute requires school districts to do a local evaluation that is referred to as the community engagement component. The community engagement requirement is an opportunity for districts to showcase areas of excellence and success as well as recognize areas in need of improvement and set future goals valued in the community. Plano ISD will use criteria written and developed by district committees. With the 2015-16 school year in mind, please take a moment to answer this brief survey regarding parental engagement. This information will be used to complete one section of the Community and Parental Involvement Diagnostic.
The district and campus performance ratings must be reported annually to TEA and made available to the public by August 8 of each year. This information will be shared on the district and campus websites.
Click on the link below to complete the survey. The survey will be open through May 2.
Jazz Band Presents Glenn Miller Night - See flyer below.
PLANO WEST SR. HIGH EDUCATION AND TRAINING PROGRAM
Interested in teaching or working with children? See your counselor for information about the Plano West Education and Training Program. The program offers students the opportunity to assist and teach at elementary schools in the west cluster as well as teaching on campus at the Plano West Preschool. The course is a year long, 2 hour block. If you are interested, please pick up an application at the from your counselor or see Mrs. Begis in A1126. Applications are due by May 4, 2016.
Email Mrs. Begis for additional information at email@example.com
Plano West Wolf Den PTSA presents: "SENIOR NIGHT LIVE” @ PINSTACK - April 17th, midnight - 4a.m.
- All Plano West seniors are invited to a “late” evening of unlimited bowling, bumper cars, rock climbing, ropes course and a laser maze.
- Pizza, cookies, and soft drinks will be served. Awesome prizes will be awarded throughout the evening to all Plano West seniors in attendance.
- Each senior is allowed to bring one guest who is not a senior or who doesn’t attend Plano West.
- Some of the prizes to be drawn include: flat screen T.V.s, Fitbits, Polar Heartbeat Monitor, Eno Hammocks, a video drone, Beats Headphones, wireless Beats Bluetooth headsets, GoPro cameras, Stereo Sound Bars, Ranger’s baseball tickets, Louis Vuitton wallet, refrigerators, microwaves and Keurigs for the dorm room, dorm room bed sets, movie & popcorn baskets, 2 iPad Minis, $500 scholarships to your chosen college or university and much, much more.
- The event will take place directly after prom, early Sunday morning from 12:00am – 4:00am April 17th at PINSTACK, 6205 Dallas Parkway, Plano, TX 75024.
- Casual dress code. Once a student leaves they will not be allowed back into the event.
- Tickets are $10 each and will be sold April 11-15th during lunch periods in the lobby outside of the Plano West Cafeteria, or at the door on April 17th.
Questions? Please contact Susan Valesano at 972-333-4743 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PROM 2016 - APRIL 15, 2016 - 9:00 PM
"Prom Ticket Sales" - Sales will occur during lunch in the main foyer on April 11-15. Tickets are $40 each. Seniors may purchase 2 tickets.
Prior to purchase:
- CTRL+CLICK on the Prom Ticket Registration link.
- Login using your Plano ISD google drive login which is your network login followed by @mypisd.net Ex. email@example.com
- Enter your Plano ISD network password (Only one response per login is allowed.)
- Provide the information and click “Submit”.
If paying cash:
- Bring your money and Student ID to the foyer during lunches, 4/11-4/15, to pay and pick up your ticket(s).
If paying through parentviewer.pisd.edu with a credit or debit card,
- Print the receipt on parent portal or save to your phone.
- Bring the receipt and Student ID to the foyer during lunches, 4/11-4/15, to pick up your ticket(s).
Credit or Debit card purchases may be made through parentviewer.pisd.edu:
- Login to parent portal
- Click on "student name" under the STUDENT REGISTRATION BOX
- Click on "pay now" where you'll see a box with options for "Prom tickets"
- There are 2 options.....1) to purchase one ticket, or 2) to purchase 2 tickets
- Once you make your purchase, click on "view previous charges" and click on "view receipt" to print it.
- Please bring with the receipt with you to claim your tickets
Online ticket sales will close Saturday, April 16th at 6:00 PM.
Prom information is available on the Plano West Website Prom Page located at http://k-12.pisd.edu/Schools/pwsh/news/prom.html
DON"T MISS OUT ON A MAGICAL EVENING!
SUMMER SCHOOL 2016
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION-HIGH SCHOOL
On-line registration for High School Summer School is available Monday, March 21st. Counselors must pre-approve courses in the registration portal. To register, visit with your counselor about course selections, then login to parent portal and complete the student emergency information from any computer with internet access. Courses pre-approved by the student’s counselor will be viewable and available for selection. Online registration and payment is the most efficient and convenient way to enroll in Summer School courses. Questions regarding registration can be directed to the campus counseling office.
- June 13 - June 30
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 5 - July 22
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 1, July 4
- Note: On the last day of each session students will be released at 10:00 am.
- Only one absence is permitted per session.
Plano East Senior High School, 3000 Los Rios Blvd, Plano TX 75074
- English, Spanish, Math, Communication Applications and SAT-PSAT Preparation Classes.
Plano West Senior High School, 5601 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093
- Social Studies, Science, Physical Education and Health.
For a comprehensive list of High School Summer School course offerings, visit: http://www.pisd.edu/students/summer.school/high.school.shtml
PWSH Athletics and Clubs/Jasper and Shepton Announcements
- Plano West Swimming
- Key Club
- Soccer - "New"
- Jasper Jazz Spring Show Performance
- Kendra Scott Teams Up With Jasper Jazz
- Jasper Jazz Commemorative T-Shirt
- Men's Basketball
- Jasper PTSA Scholarships
- Plano West FFA Spring Flower Fundraiser
- PWSH PALS
- Royals Spring Show
Plano West Swimming - Eat Pizza to support the Plano West Swim Team!
Please come support the Plano West Swim Team on Wednesday, March 23rd from 4-9 at Fire Crust Pizza located at 6509 W. Park Blvd, Plano. YUM!
Key Club - Come to the Key Club meeting on Thursday March 24th during A and B lunch in the Presentation Room to learn about our upcoming spring event!
National Honor Society - NHS will have a growth meeting Wednesday, March 23rd during both lunches in the Presentation Room. The speaker will be from the Samaritan Inn. Any NHS member who has not attended a growth meeting this semester or who missed the informational meeting in January should plan to attend in order to fulfill meeting requirements for the spring semester.
"New" Soccer - Congratulations to the Boys Soccer on their 4-1 win against Allen last Friday night. They will travel tonight to Flower Mound with JV at 5:45 and Varsity at 7:30.
Good luck Wolf Pack Soccer as we head into playoffs this week.
Jasper Jazz Spring Show Performance - Come watch their award-winning, spring show performance, titled The Heist, at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, April 29 or Saturday, April 30 at Jasper High School. Tickets are $10 pre-order or $12 at the door. We anticipate a full house, so purchase your tickets today at http://jasperjazz.dance/forms.html . Pre-order by April 15 to ensure your seat.
Kendra Scott Teams Up With Jasper Jazz - Shop the “just-in” spring jewelry collection at Kendra Scott boutique and support Jasper Jazz at the “Kendra Gives Back” shopping party from 5-8 p.m. on Thursday, March 24 at Kendra Scott Plano, located at The Shops at Legacy, 5800 Legacy Drive. Enjoy bubbles and bites at this fun event with 20 percent of sales benefiting Jasper Jazz. Contact Kim Butler with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Jasper Jazz Commemorative T-Shirt - The Jasper Jazz national champions are celebrating 20 years of dance and performance excellence since the drill team’s founding in 1996. In honor of the Jazz’s 20th anniversary, the members are calling all Jasper Jazz drill team alumni and fans to show their Jazz pride and pre-order the commemorative Alumni Spirit Tee featuring a black short-sleeve t-shirt with silver alloy lettering for $20. Pre-order by April 10 at http://jasperjazz.dance/forms.html . Email Dana Tocci with questions at email@example.com . Sponsored by the Jasper Jazz Booster Club.
Plano West Men's Basketball site at: www.hometeamsonline.com/planowestbasketball
2016 JASPER PTSA Student Scholarship
One (1) $500 scholarship for a male; One (1) $500 scholarship for a female
To be eligible, student must:
- Have been a paid PTSA member for both 9th and 10th grade at Jasper High School
- Must be a 2016 graduating senior from a Plano Independent School District school
- Student must attend a college/university or vocational program for Fall, 2016. Transcript must be attached. No exceptions
- Applications will be accepted February 1, 2016 and must be received by Noon May 1, 2016.
Winners will be drawn at the general PTSA meeting in May. Please complete this form and attach transcript or verification of enrollment (VOE) and return to:
Kim Funk, Jasper HS VP of Membership, 6800 Archgate, Plano, TX 75024.
Please contact Kim Funk @ firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Good luck graduating Seniors!
Plano West FFA – Cristina’s Spring Flowers Fundraiser
FFA is selling Vouchers for a Flat of Cristina’s Spring Flowers 18 – 4” pots including: BEGONIAS, IMPATIENS, DIANTHUS, ALYSSUM, DUSTY MILLER, PETUNIAS,
MARIGOLDS, COLEUS AND VINCA (PERIWINKLE). – you can mix and match the flowers! Contact an FFA member or Jamie Hanna at email@example.com to order some today!
PWSH PALS - Juniors interested in becoming a PAL for the 2016-2017 school year, please pick up an application from Mrs. Hicks in room G212. Applications and teacher recommendation forms are due April 6.
Students who work 15 hours a week can earn 3 credit hours for one class by enrolling in Career Preparation. You will get out of school early to go to work and earn money while learning. Please pick up an application in room G 212.
Royals Spring Show - Celebrate with the Royales - Plano West Royales invites the Plano West Community to our Royales Spring Show April 7, 8, and 9 (7PM) in the Plano West Auditorium. Tickets $10, available for purchase during lunch.
PTSA/PWSH Booster Clubs
- PTSA Community Service Scholarship
- Senior Shirts
- Best Buddies
- Chess Club
- Youth for Christ
- Anime Club - "New"
- Plano West PTSA Membership
- PTSA Community Service Scholarships
PTSA Community Service Scholarship - IT'S NOT TOO LATE to qualify for a PTSA Community Service Scholarship. Whether you have 5 hours or 500 hours of service, you qualify. Pick up the application from Mrs. Powers in the Counselor's Office. Return it in to her by March 31st at 4:30PM. Several scholarships will be awarded. So don't delay. Pick up your application today!
Senior shirts are still available in G212 for $15. PALs will be selling shirts every Wednesday in the foyer until all shirts are gone. The proceeds will continue to go towards helping feed needy families.
Best Buddies is a one to one friendship matching program. If you are interested in becoming a peer buddy, associate buddy or an actual buddy please go online to www.bestbuddiesonline.org and sign up! If you are renewing, please make sure to go on the website and renew your membership! If you have any questions please contact Jillian Haug who is the Chapter President or Ms. Earl in A1153.
Chess Club will meet on Wednesdays in A1167 during both lunches. All skill levels are welcome, from beginner to advanced.
Youth for Christ meets every Wednesday at 4:15p.m in Ms. Gomez's room, A2030. Everyone and anyone is welcome.
"New" Anime Club will meet every Thursday. Meet new friends and watch anime movies or episodes. Join us in Room B-209 (Ms. Roop-Morland) at 4:20pm OR Room A-2060 (Mr. Cherry) 7th period.
Plano West PTSA Membership
The Wolf Den PTSA makes it super easy to join the PTSA, sign up to volunteer, enter your own information into our online Student Directory, and purchase a Student Agenda/Planner for your student. Plano West parents have always shown great support of our PTSA, and we want that to continue! Please go to https://planowestptsa.membershiptoolkit.com to join the PTSA today! Don't forget that students who join the PTSA in BOTH their junior and senior year are eligible for a PTSA Scholarship. Last year six students were awarded $500 scholarships during the Senior Lunch in May! Your membership fees go towards funding activities that directly benefit our school AND our students. For a complete list of where the money goes, please click on the link at the bottom of this Wolf Howl. Please email Susan Argyle at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. You can also access the toolkit from a within our website www.wolfdenptsa.org.
Plano West PTSA Community Service Scholarship Applications are available! Whether you have five hours or 500 hours of Community Service, students are eligible to apply. The Community Service hours may be contributed either locally AND/OR internationally. These scholarships will be awarded to Plano West Seniors in 2016. The requirements for the scholarships are available by application that students (Seniors only) can request from Mrs. Powers in the Counselors office.
Follow the instructions on the application. All scholarship applications will be due at the end of the school day on March 31, 2016. Several scholarships will be awarded. The minimum amount awarded is $500.
Class of 2016 Elementary Reunions
- Thomas Elementary
- Daffron Elementary
Thomas Elementary - Join your fellow Texans and former teachers as we celebrate your accomplishments. Thursday, May 26th from 4:30-5:30 in the Thomas Library
- Refreshments provided
- Bring old photos, yearbooks, memorabilia
- Please let friends know who are not in a PISD school
Questions? Please email or call Amy Rouquette at Amy.Rouguette@pisd.edu or call 469-752-3583
Daffron Elementary - The Daffron Elementary PTA board would like to invite graduating seniors back to the school for a casual reception in their honor. The reception will be on Wednesday, May 11th from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. in the Daffron library. We will serve light refreshments and have fun looking at their old yearbook and class video. The graduating seniors may visit the PTA website http://www.daffronpta.org/ to download the event flyer and scholarship application.