IAAPA Executive Education
Join HTM's Student Planning & Executive Assistant Team
Every year a select group of students are given a unique opportunity to be an integral part of the planning and execution of this event.
Educational sessions at the SDSU Alumni Center
Educational sessions at local parks & attractions
Hospitality Suite at the Hotel Solamar
Off-site dinner in the Gaslamp Quarter
IAAPA Exec Ed is an amazing week to be a part of. Not only is it a chance to learn more about amusement parks and network closely with international industry leaders, every member of the team will also gain valuable hands-on, real-world experience. Some previous ESAs have said this was the most memorable event during their time at SDSU.
Thursday, Oct. 31st 2013 at 9pm
email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of the preparations will be done over winter break, so please include your availability.
The event will be held between Jan. 25 and Feb. 1. I am asking form full availability during this week.
Some of the parks that attended last year.
Testimonials and Advice from Previous ESA's
"The best part was the networking and getting to know the Execs in the hospitality suites. I felt that it was there where I got to know these people who had so much experience and advice to give."
"Advice would be to take the week off. Don't miss it for anything. Give it your all and be HONEST, even if it's not what we want to hear. If you know you won't make a deadline, tell us. Leading us to think that everything is fine and dandy only to find out it's not is the worst thing that a teammate could do. Trust your team, work hard, and have fun!"
"I wish I knew the benefits of participating with IAAPA. The growth personally from participating in a program is what I wish I knew."
"The best part of my experience was getting to interact and get to know each of the executives on a personal level. It made me see that while we are professionals, we are all REAL people. Each of them had so much knowledge to share and have so much passion for the industry; it made me gain more passion for the industry. Also, it was pretty awesome getting to go to all of the different amusement parks throughout San Diego."
” Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. I remember feeling super nervous that all of these really important executives were coming and I had to get to know them...and talk to them. Once I got to know them, I realized that they have so much knowledge and experiences to share with you and are just all around really good people. Also, to take in as much as you can and ask as many questions as you can because it will only benefit you. They WANT to get to know you too and hear what your aspirations are. The different cultures and perspectives from hospitality from each different country were so intriguing and I loved getting to hear all of the different aspects.”
We are currently putting together the 2014 IAAPA ESA team. It is challenging work that requires long hours, flexibility and team support. It also requires dedication and enthusiasm. In return, you will walk away with new connections, developed skills and the inspiration to go above and beyond in this great industry.
Planning for this project will begin in mid-November and continue through winter break. The IAAPA Executive Educations will be held from January 25, 2014 to February 1, 2014. It is very important that every team member is present during the event, because each person plays an essential role in the success of the program.
Wanted: Reliable, Team-oriented, Dedicated, Professional, Htm students to help plan this years IAAPA Executive Conference.
- Do you love visiting amusement parks and riding roller-coasters?
- Would you like to explore career opportunities within the attractions industry?
- Do you want the opportunity to develop your hospitality and planning skills, while expanding your professional network?
The following are some of the positions available along with a brief description and some of the skills necessary.
- This position is essential for a successful IAAPA week. We are looking for somebody who enjoys working with computers, trouble shooting and in a fast paced environment. This job is challenging and rewarding.
- Basic Responsibilities: This is a critical position with specific talents. Work with Dr. Sipe and Dr. Testa to create presentations, music play lists, and manage all media. . .
- Skills and Abilities: Must be VERY comfortable working on the computer, with the projector, PPT, etc. Also, needs to be able to trouble shoot, multitask and collaborate.
Materials & Signage - Filled
- Basic Responsibilities: Acquire and Distribute all of the tools and supplies needed during the week.
- Skills and Abilities: Systematic, Detailed, Resourceful and Organized
Venues Logistics - Filled
- Basic Responsibilities: Confirm bookings and advance site visits
- Skills and Abilities: Communication, Foresight, Record Keeping
Communications - Filled
- Basic Responsibilities: Write daily blog, take photos and manage social media accounts.
- Skills and Abilities: Writing skills, Photography and Self-Directed
Transportation - Filled
- Basic Responsibilities: Confirm and coordinate transportation to and from all venues.
- Skills and Abilities: Communication, detailed, organized and sociable