Tips on making sure you age as healthy as you can
As you get older your...
With age a person tends to be more forgetful. Although some people may develop senile dementia. This is a severe impairment in mental focus that interferes with living.
Modern Technology helps distinguish between healthy aging and disease.
Slowing down the hands of time.
Human and animal studies have established that simple habits can lead to sharper memory, and help have healthy aging.
You can keep your mind and body healthy by...
- Exercising is good for your body and mind, while keeping you fit exercise can also enhance survival parts of your brain associated with learning and memory. To exercise you could do things as simple as going for a walk in the morning.
- Your diet can affect your mind and body, diets high in sugar increase the proteins associated with alzheimer disease. Being aware of the foods you eat, and how much can really help when it comes to your diet.
- Chronic stress can damage the hippocampus; a part of the brain linked to learning, memory, and emotion. Taking part in something that is a daily relaxer can help you in the long run. You can do things such as meditation, progressive muscle relaxation, or anything that makes you feel relaxed.
- Get involved in activities that increase flexibility. This could be just stretching in the morning or participating in a yoga class. Increased flexibility can led to improved muscles as well as decreased chance of injury.
- Preventive measures are also very important as you get older. Regular doctor's visits can be something you personally do. Getting regular flu shots and getting screened for cancer are very important things. Make sure you're keeping your body in check.