PERSONALIZED. INNOVATIVE. GLOBAL.
Start of the School Year
Enrollment Nears 900
Open enrollment guidelines will be established later this school year for the 20-21 school year, but we will continue to focus on managing growth as effectively as possible. Enrollment is the foundation for school funding and is critical to providing small class sizes and quality programming for our district.
As many of you know, we will be adding preschool next year to our district. We are one of only six districts in Iowa that does not run its own preschool program. The addition of a preschool program will have an impact on classroom space and will likely push our total enrollment served to over 900 students, but is something our community needs to best serve our students and families.
Enrollment growth can present challenges for school districts, but it is a welcomed challenge in Van Meter CSD as 2 out of 3 school districts in Iowa are seeing significant declines in student enrollment. We are excited about what the future holds for our community! If you have questions about enrollment or open enrollment, please contact superintendent Deron Durflinger at email@example.com.
Football Friday Nights
Some reminders to Van Meter Students:
- Footballs should not be brought to the game
- Elementary students are encouraged to watch the game either with their parents or at the north end of the bleachers.
- Middle school students should be with their parents or in the student section and not congregating on the grassy hill.
- High school students should watch the game from the student section.
We love the big crowds, but we all need to do our part to make it an enjoyable experience for every fan.
Online Payment Instructions
The district highly encourages patrons to utilize the online payment portal through RevTrak on the school’s website. It is a safe, efficient way to make deposits to your family’s school lunch account as well as purchase other items. The deposits go instantly to your family’s account and there is no charge for these electronic payments.
1. Go to www.vmbulldogs.com and click on the Van Meter Online Payment Portal under the quick links icon.
2. You will be prompted to login to the Web Store. Please issue your REVTRAK email and password. If you cannot remember which email you used to set up your RevTrak account, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and she can retrieve it. Otherwise, if you’ve forgotten your password or are creating an account for the first time, please follow the directions provided on the screen.
3. Click on the tile for which you’d like to make a payment. For Registration, Technology, and Lunch payments, you’ll need to have an Infinite Campus account as well, since these fees are directly tied to the student database system. If you need assistance with your Infinite Campus user name and password, you may contact email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com or call the district office at 996-9960.4. Once you click on the Registration/Lunch Payments for Existing Students tile, you’ll also need to click on Food and Fee Payments on the left side of the screen. Here, you’ll be able to add money to your family lunch account and see any fees that have been assigned to your student(s) under ‘required fees’.