SPS Board Highlights
March 1, 2021
Mass Architects Present New Elementary School Design Study
First Vice President Larry Walker read aloud one of the thank you notes from SPS students given to board members last month. Board Clerk April Stobbe commented on her recent scholarship presentation to two Shawnee graduates who are now in college and are pre-med majors each maintaining 4.0 GPAs. Stobbe said she enjoyed seeing the success that our graduates have as they continue their education. She concluded by reminding everyone that Wednesday is the last day to vote for Dr. Grace to Kiss the Pig in the United Way of Pottawatomie County's fundraiser.
- all consent docket items;
- additional appropriations for the general fund from CARES Act funds;
- the modified calendar for the 2021-22 school year and the calendar for the 2022-23 school year;
- additional agriculture courses to the Shawnee High School Course Catalog;
- a contract with Meier and Son for the demolition of district property at 909 N. Kickapoo and the old baseball concession stand located on the high school campus;
- a bid for lawn maintenance services from Knight's Landscaping Service;
- all personnel items as presented.