Sycamore Canyon Family Newsletter
May 21, 2023
This should be the final week for all 3rd-6th Grade students participating in CAASPP Testing. Most testing will be done on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Please be sure to have your students get a good night's rest, eat a healthy breakfast, and be on time for school. We appreciate your help in preparing our students and your children for a successful test taking environment.
ME2WE - Community Action, Service, and Advocacy (CASA)
Community Action, Service, and Advocacy (CASA) is offering the ME2WE Scholarship to all students. The concept of ME2WE is based on moving from a "ME" centered life to a "WE" centered one. CASA is interested in supporting students who have made a positive impact in their community. The deadline to apply is June 9. Learn more and apply here.
Project SAFE for 23-24
- Online at santeesd.net/projectsafe
- In-person registration event on June 2 at the Educational Resource Center
Space is limited so be sure to check out the attached flyer (English, Spanish, and Arabic) or the website for more information before registration opens.
- If your student will be absent please make sure you are calling our attendance line to let the front office know.
- If your student is showing COVID symptoms (sore throat, fever, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, chills, congestion or cough), be sure to take two tests (12-hours apart) prior to returning to class. If you are in need of COVID tests, the school has tests we can provide you.
- You may also want to email the teacher and let them know as well.
Sycamore Canyon Attendance Line: 619-258-2205
100% FREE ONLINE TUTORING 24 HOURS PER DAY
The State of California is offering FREE online tutoring services for students through the California Library System. It is quick and simple to access. Try it today.
There are numerous ways to stay informed about our fabulous school. We also have an Instagram account: sycamorecanyon.