The Divine Comedy
By: Alex, Katie, and Cody
The Main Theme:
1. The Justice of God: Dante creates a relationship with the sin committed on Earth and the punishment one receives from God. The details the are used to describe hell help to explain how hell is used. Hell is portrayed as a place of punishment.
2. Evil Goes Against God: Dante follow very strict religious quotas, he takes the Christian faith very seriously. He believes to be a truly good person you must focus on not only your happiness, but the happiness God has in your actions. Dante sees sins as a way to rebel against God, and the most severe way to attempt to upset God.
4 Elements of The Divine Comedy
2. The Heroic Quest: Dante journeyed through Hell
3. Epic Conflict: Dante had to move through many realms/circles of Hell
4. Divine Intervention: When Dante meets Satan and is allowed to pass into our World
Author: Dante Alighieri
Type of Epic: Was written as a book, and has a specific author